I keep failing PLEASE help!!

P2PLeon

Now look you guys but I would like to be a vaper as I know if I went cold turkey even with patches, that I would definitely light another cigarette up. And also Public Health England state that Vaping is to be 95% safer than smoking and was once again in Stopober this year.

• Sad 4

Might I make a suggestion....

If you have no intention of stopping Vaping ....this might not be the place for you....maybe another Vaping site...

We are here to help those who want to quit ...Putting anything in the mouth and taking a puff of it ...

This includes Vaping ....

I don't understand what you want from us ....

Maybe the other site called you  a troll  for a good reason ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, this is a stop smoking site. This means getting that nicotine monkey off your back not just quit puffing on cigarettes by switching delivery devices. By vaping, you are just testing the waters so to speak. You think you are improving your health status by vaping instead of cigarettes but who really knows right? You can quote any specific study that makes you feel safer about what you're doing but the truth is, vaping hasn't been around long enough for any real conclusive studies to say just how safe or not it really is.

I have stated my opinion which is that vaping will eventually lead you right back to smoking cigarettes at some point. When you are truly ready to quit, we will support you 100% but we can't support vaping as an alternative.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, P2PLeon said:

Now look you guys but I would like to be a vaper as I know if I went cold turkey even with patches, that I would definitely light another cigarette up. And also Public Health England state that Vaping is to be 95% safer than smoking and was once again in Stopober this year.

If you want to be a vaper,

I know, I can't help you.

Being a slave to nicotine is a horrible life,

being a willing addict is ridiculous.

You can believe what you will about the safety of vaping.

I don't buy it for a second.  You know why ?

Don't look behind the curtain....big tobacco is still a major player and you may remember how nice those guys are.

here is some material for your consideration

Escape The Vape

American Lung Association ECigarettes and lung health

Vaping Residue can Transfer Between Rooms

Nicotine Levels in E cigs

Toxic Metals Found in E Cigs

New Research Confirms The Toxic Effect of Vaping

E Cigarette Vapor, even when nicotine free Found to Damage Lung Cells

Do some research from sources not funded by tobacco companies or  vaping interests.

I want you to know that you are not a special snowflake or more addicted than any of us.

You CAN quit smoking and put your nicotine addiction to rest.

Educate yourself.  Stand by your commitment to yourself to never take another puff.

Come here to blow off steam and get great support and education.

You can quit.  I know you can

and the rewards are many layered.

Do it for yourself.  You deserve a free life.

• Like 4

If you like being a vaper...its safe ...nothing to worry about ....that is your opinion....

All I am asking you ...is why you are not on a Vaping site.....who will welcome you im  sure.......

The members here...cannot support you in your vape....we do not vape here....

• Like 3

Leon I read one of your threads on your vaping forum. To be honest I stopped reading at page 15.

They weren't calling you a troll they had just lost patience after years of trying to help you. They were frustrated that you kept going back to smoking instead of vaping. 

If you want to quit smoking/vaping you will find support like you wouldn't believe here.

It is possible to quit while living with smokers. I live with two and they were never responsible for my relapses - that was all on me. I never smoked their cigarettes and I never would.

Joel Spitzer has a great way to get people to stop offering them. When they offer you one take it and say with relief in your voice thanks. Then tear it up and tell them how good it felt. They will be pissed and won't be so quick to offer you another. 

I hope you get your quit so never quit quitting ?

• Like 6

@P2PLeon

I do not know why you have to make vaping or smoking into a habit ?

Both are like very bad habits

I have avoided smoking since the last few days

The time i crave the most is mostly in the evening after 6 to 9 or 10 . my head pretty close gets to mental without cigarettes . when the insanity reaches my own limit i eat a nicotine gum and then it goes away , then i feel normal 

Staying away from vaping and smoking i am sure makes you a better person a healthy person and a stronger person .

Smoking used to make me weak , tired , dull and an energy drained person

That cycle is there with or without cigarettes .

So seriously try to stay away from vaping and smoking cigarettes .

Put a little bit more effort for that everyday .Its worth it . That is why

Then you do not have to worry about unnecessary diseases in the future .

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Lilly said:

I'm pretty sure Leon got the message. I don't think the whole forum needs to come piling in to keep repeating it. 

Just because someone wants to vape it doesn't make them a troll ?

not sure he does get the message Lilly

Look at the title on this thread  "I keep failing PLEASE help"

Well...this IS how we help

and vaping is why he keeps failing

PERIOD

Now look you guys but I would like to be a vaper as I know if I went cold turkey even with patches, that I would definitely light another cigarette up. And also Public Health England state that Vaping is to be 95% safer than smoking and was once again in Stoptober this year.

Even the Royal College of Physicians declares It safer than smoking, And would like everyone who is smoking to switch. 

It does work for a fact but with me having Paranoid Schizophrenia it is hard to stay clear from smoking.

That is why I came here to get rid of smoking and then to return to my vaping forums that I go to to keep up to date.

Edited by P2PLeon

I am sorry, Leon, but, I cannot give you any support for your vaping.

no, nada.

Should you want to address your nicotine addiction

you must first educate yourself and second,  make a commitment to YOURSELF.

This forum supports Freedom not slavery.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 1

It sounds to me like you are stuck in the never ending cycle of junkie thinking....

We can give you all the information in the world....sounds like the other forum tried too...

But  at the end of the day...its down to you...to put the work in ..and never take another Puff...

It's no use you coming here and saying ..

Now look you guys but I would like to be a vaper as I know if I went cold turkey even with patches, that I would definitely light another cigarette up. And also Public Health England state that Vaping is to be 95% safer than smoking and was once again in Stoptober this year.

We don't support Vaping ....this is a non Vaping site.......

Have you read Allen Carr the Easy Way...this book has helped millions .....

This would be a good place for you to start.....

Educate yourself on the two addictions you have ....deal with one ...then deal with the other....

Not easy ...but doable ...if you want it bad enough ....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, P2PLeon said:

You can even reduce nicotine to a point, then do ZERO NICOTINE.

Yes you can but what's the point then if you are not feeding nicotine into your body any longer. By doing that you would go through nicotine withdrawal anyway so why not just quit smoking and vaping altogether? I simply don't understand why you would smoke/vape a zero nicotine product.

Besides, if you were to do that (vape 0 nicotine juice) then you are still reinforcing the smoking motions and keeping that "emotional" attachment to smoking and I say THAT will lead you right back to smoking cigarettes sooner or later. You can't cheat the quitting process. There's no halfway in and halfway out method. It's all or nothing and you better be 100% committed when you decide to go all in because that's what it will take - 100% effort.

• Like 2

It does work for a fact but with me having Paranoid Schizophrenia it is hard to stay clear from smoking.

For me, with having dysthymia and living my life a great deal of the time in survival modus, it is also hard. BUT it's doable. I am not a special snowflake, you are neither.  I am batteling the same addiction as someone who sails through life easy. My coping may be different sometimes, my challenges are not your challenges. But the principle of addiction stays the same. And the solution likewise: Don't. Put. Anymore. Nicotine. In. Your. System. Ever. 

Talk to your doctor. Talk to your friends. Talk to your support system. Do what you need to make circumstances as right as possible for you.

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

You see P2P, you asked for help when you first arrived here because you have failed to get to where you want to be so many times in the past. Clearly, what you have tried up to this point has not worked for you. Look at all the great help you have received here so far. As @MLMR said above, we all may have different life issues to deal with but we are ALL the same as nicotine addicts and there's only one way to change your status - just quit! Seek medical assistance or advice regarding quitting in conjunction with your medical condition but don't use that as an excuse not to quit. Anyone can quit but you need to commit to it 100%.

• Like 2

@P2PLeon

All you need is a proper week away from smoking

Then you can see that the cloud of smoking related thoughts slowly moving away from your life

After that goes away you are probably thinking of other things to do .

That you might have to figure out for yourself

Its up to you to decide how you want to slowly bring your smoking habit to a halt

I have never used a vaping machine , But i think all these types of inhaling unwanted stuffs will harm your mind and your body in the long run .

Try to fight the addiction , after all these days without smoking i still have cravings for a cigarette . I even love a smoke right now .

But why i decided to stay away is because it has been ruining my health a lot

If you keep the vaping equipment's by your side , you will never be able to quit .

Try to keep it away or put it in the trash bin .

Leon I have someone very close to me who has schizophrenia and so I'm not surprised you're having trouble quitting. 

My advice to you would be to take your NRT or carry on with your vaping and just keep trying. 

Try and find a British forum where people are more open to vaping, and who are just focused on people not smoking actual cigarettes. 

Good Luck and don't give up trying.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know the percentage of UK members here but P2P is right, all the help and advice being given by our NHS and Government is that Vaping is considered an aid to quitting, and the message being pushed is that it is a safer alternative to smoking. They said that in a the stop smoking clinic and even on facebook where i saw a clip showing the 'latest research' that vaping is better for you than smoking because there is little to no tar from it.

Personally i find all this really really worrying and i just can't understand why that message is being sent out publicly. The tar may be less but i'm pretty sure inhaling those chemicals is not healthy for your lungs. And most importantly there is still nicotine addiction..people i know who vape get just as distressed if they don't have it with them or can't vape. 

A long post for me... i can see P2P's point...but Leon, as others have said please try and find a way to help you quit other than vaping. And the best of luck and good wishes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1