Smoking, the gift that keeps on giving...

Cbdave

... YOU STICK !

I'm layed I in hospital, have been since Sunday, having tests.

I had a TIA, in short a mini stroke.

Came on fast and left me without any lasting damage ( thank God).

Still have to have the carotid arteries cleared in an OP on Thursday as they are blocked. 

And the cause. I miss out on the high blood pressure, bad diet unfit etc, and manage to tick two boxes

Male and

you guessed it .....an ex smoker!

Damn it.... but I'm over it now.... I'm of for the OP on Thursday.

So I might be missing in action for a few days.

Chris

• Sad 12

Bloody hell Mr Stoic .... you frickin been in the hossy since Sundee an ya only just tellin us now!!!!!!  Typical Aussie male too... Oh I just had a TIA... only a mini stroke... off to the OR on Thursday, blah de blah de blah blah, get the pipes cleaned.... Frcuk a Duck mate that's some serious shit. So will be keeping you in my thoughts on Thursdee... sendin' healin vibes and all that good stuff.... Shell Chocolates always speed up a recovered ;) ...... seriously get better soon and get back online because I don't want my days starting without a G'day.

2n0e72.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear you're poorly Dave ? Luckily they seem to have a handle on it and it was not as bad as it could have been. Wishing you the very best in your OP and recovery. We will make sure the NOPE thread gets fired up daily until your return :) 

• Like 4

Chris, sorry to hear this....It is good you are an ex-smoker going in for surgery, remember that! ?

I had several tia's and then a stroke in 2017 that landed me in hospital...where I then started my quit journey. I opted for the stent over the roto-rooter chemical clean out of the artery...and watched the whole op while it was happening! Did feel better afterward!

Stay strong, will be thinking of you! 

• Like 6

Hope you feel better soon, Dave.  Smoking is truly the gift that keeps on giving.  As much as we like to think that our body has recovered, some damage is probably longer lasting than we realize.

I keep wondering if we could successfully quit now then what kept us from quitting earlier.

Hope to see you posting here soon.

• Like 1

G'day

Got rid of the drips and drains. Drugs out of the system so it's safe to say something now. Got a cracker of a scar running up one side of my neck. Kinda looking foward to getting the matching one on the right.

Gunna tell everyone that I got bit buy a shark. I got away before he could close its mouth......

Can't let truth get in the way of a good story...

C

IMG_2578.JPG

Edited by Cbdave
Speeling
  • Like 7
  • Haha 4