Overwhelmed

Parsley

Hey Parsley!  First of all, good that you sos'd. Apparantly this quit means that much to you! Hang in and stay with us.

You ask why it feels like day one. Well, that's probably because you did something(s) that you haven't done yet without smoking? Quitting means breaking with associations, all sorts of. Practical as well as emotional. 

I was there a while ago, Im also nearing 3 months. The thoughts kept coming, like beating waves on a rocky shore. They subsided and I continued. A little bit wiser and vigilant in my quit. 

They will subside for you as well! Keep doing what you do, at a steady day-to-day pace. I promiss you will feel better later on, maybe even today. With every difficult moment you are strengthening your quit and building confidence. 

Take care and stay here as long as you need!

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 9

remember you are fresh off the patch; your nicotine receptors are starting to die off and getting desperate for their drugs.

YOU are stronger than any nicotine memory...you want this quit!! Tell junkie brain a BIG! FAT! NOPE! Eat some chocolate, take a nice hot shower...maybe some wine too? 

You've got this parsley...we've watched you fight so we know you'll come out winning this battle!

• Like 6

Yep !!!!.....the old Nico Monster is trying to lure you back....

They are only thoughts...you are stronger than you think.......

Nope !!!......I agree with Jane ....go do something nice  or eat some little reward .....

Fight on Parsley ...

Don't make me get that frying pan out either !!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

How you doing parsley? Hopefully a little better now. There's something about the threes that seems to trigger a lot of us so just power through like it was day 1 because it will get better, I promise :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 6

Parsley this is not that unusual, having a bigger than expected battle with the addiction around the 3 month mark. Seems to be the final big battle that the addiction wages on some people. You have all the tools to fight this because you have already done that for months now and got through the worst of it. Take some deep breaths and know that you are strong enough to get through this :) 

• Like 7

Yep, as others have said, it's not too unusual to hit rough patches just when you're getting used to having some days of happily uneventful smooth sailing.  3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months  -- you're at the last of the terrible threes, and it's just a temporary reminder of all those difficult early days that you don't ever want to have to go through again.  It's also the beginning of the holidays and a new season, with a lifetime of memories competing for your brain's attention and some smoking memories are bound to sneak in and try to stir things up.  Also, any emotional highs you may have gotten from the "newness" of your quit have probably worn off by now.  So all in all,  give yourself a big pat on the back, a gold medal, a bag of cookies, a couple of your favorite drinks, and a whole lot of credit for making it to 3 whole months(!!!) -- which probably sounded like an impossible dream about 3 months ago.  You are doing fabulously!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Thanks all....just what I needed!

At work but this morning has been awful! Better too to be at work busy

Ah, work...that would have made the hot shower awkward? 

Glad to hear you feeling a bit better! Take it easy on yourself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, c9jane29 said:

Ah, work...that would have made the hot shower awkward? 

I am not so sure how they feel about wine at Parsleys work either.. unless she works at a vineyard or something. In which case a hot shower would be appropriate, after trampling the grapes into wine :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Parsley -- keep tough -- old behaviors trying to make their last stand.  As said above going thru this at or near month three has happened to several of us, happened to me.  Jetblack had the same thing happen at her three month mark and had posted about that, that old post really helped me knowing that it has happened to others.  Like said above by Jordan7, there are the terrible 3's  (day 3, week 3, and month 3).  The month 3 is the strangest since you are well into your quit.  Just realize old behaviors and lurking triggers trying to sneak thru.  It does pass and it does start really getting better.  Keep it up you are strong and doing well.  

• Like 5

Made it home...drink...shower soon.

Dang was tough...felt better about the whole thing when i left work...driving past three gas stations on the way.

My Wally and Kitty love their non smoking momma! Saved my quit,  dont stink, saved 6 or whatever it is now.

Had lunch with a co worker, like i do alot these days instead of begging off to smoke my lunch time away...

THANK ALL OF YOU!!! I MEAN IT!!

• Like 11

Just checking in. I don't always post but I'm always checking in. Was a tough few days there but I'm still in nope mode. Discovered yet another positive, snow storm coming and I don't have to worry about stocking up on cigs

• Like 4

Glad you are hanging in there, Parsley.

Yuck on the snow.  Snow on Thanksgiving - I thought we all were suppose to have a mild winter this year.

Keep looking for those positives.  There are so many!!

• Like 1