Sunday 18th November 2018 :)

Sunshine59

I had about 20 2/3/7 days quits, a couple of 1 month quits and this successful one. I dont know what clicked or how i made it, but its possible. Strong endurance, strong commitment, nope. Best of luck. You will do it lad im sure. I sense sucess on your quit.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply StewieTech ,

Going to eat my second nicotine gum now

Almost 3 hours without smoking , the only problem i am facing right now is boredom

I think we always learn from our past problems

I think our minds are always not that calm .

Maybe i should keep my laptop away for a while and read some books instead :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its simple really, just NOPE daily and endure some pain. Before you know it you will be indifferent to smoking. Yeah i know, it sounds like bullshit, quitting is really hard, but its really that simple. Hard, but simple as easy peasy. Please, please, do this for yourself. You can end up in horrible pain and death, its no joke. Lets do this then, i will be here with you. :)

• Like 2

NOPE.... if you listen to any advice read what Stewie said up there..... because it is spot on.... the horrible stage really doesn't last that long... but you have to stick it out and not give in. No one can do this for you but you.  So make those failed quits count, make each of them a lesson...

• Like 3

Thanks for all the replies StewieTech , Kdad , Lilly , Cbdave , albert , Octain , notsmokinjo

Now i know its hard and at the same time simple too .

I don't think i can quit the  gums at this stage , because it easily stops my craving as soon as i eat it .

Then no cravings for at least 2 hours , i guess that is because the brain gets what it is looking for

I have no idea why because even after smoking this much i never had strong cravings this time , some uneasy feeling only which went away when i ate a nicotine gum

Just came back from work and should avoid stress and am going to relax a bit with a hot tea :)

• Like 2

I'm not critisisng the gum... I used the gum .... I was happy to use it for the first 6 months... that was my plan but I stopped using it maybe around the 12 week mark.... but I was ready then.... if the gum stops you smoking then go for it.... it is better than smoking but I promise you when you are ready to get rid of the gum you will notice the cravings get heaps better..... but for me I knew I had 4 parts that made up my addiction.... I had the physical addiction, I had the mental/psychological addiction, I had the emotional addiction and I had the habit (the routine and how every aspect of my life revolved around when and how I smoked).... I knew this so when I decided to make my quit the quit, and not just a 4 day thing until my next pay when I could buy more smokes (and seriously that is how this quit started... I had enough for a pack of 30 gums or enough for a 1 days smokes and I had 4 days until pay day..... so I bought the gum fully intending to use it until payday when I would buy smokes.... but I didn't.... I did know and acknowledge my weakness... the 4 states of my addiction... and I knew myself to know that the physical dependency would be the easiest to beat but I had to have enough of a control over the other 3 before I could completely take away the nicotine... so that worked for me... what I will tell you is the gum is not a miracle quit smoking tool.... it will take the edge off but that's it... you still need to do the heavy lifting and really commit to NOPE.... even if its just for one day at a time... but if you swear NOPE... if you promise yourself NOPE...just for today NOPE... then all you have to do is keep that promise to yourself... then the next day make a new promise... that is it... one day at a time... don't worry about the gum and quitting it, you will know when its right..... until then just focus on NOPE.... NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.... say it once an hour if that's how you need to do it. We all want to see you succeed, so don't sabbotage yourself... you say right I will NOPE for the next 2 hours... and then when that's up... right I will NOPE for the next two hours... build your quit that one, hour by hour.... before you know it you will have this think beat.

• Like 2

It’s simple. Do whatever you wanna do, just don’t smoke.

Do whatever you did before, just don’t smoke 

Once it’s all said and done, it’s done.  Don’t believe the propaganda. It’s not as hard as they would like you to believe it is.

I don’t smoke. Cigarettes do nothing for me. They take away my time, my money and my health.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Octain said:

It’s simple. Do whatever you wanna do, just don’t smoke.

Do whatever you did before, just don’t smoke 

Once it’s all said and done, it’s done.  Don’t believe the propaganda. It’s not as hard as they would like you to believe it is.

I don’t smoke. Cigarettes do nothing for me. They take away my time, my money and my health.

True. Im yet to find a real reason to have a smoke besides a moment of pleasure. That kills you. Theres lots of things we can do to get pleasure and enjoy life ?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies notsmokinjo , Lilly , StewieTech , Octain

I am doing alright

i feel like a bit extra bored , nothing much to do sitting behind my laptop simply staring into this website and reading all the comments and all

I did not go to work today , i took a day off and was sleeping most of the day time

But there now there is no heating up of my face ,  no unusual rise of heart rates

Those are all really good things

I am still chewing the gum

But i feel fresh , i feel calm

I think i can easily do this

Most of the time my head was focused on my new forum ticker and the smoke that was coming out of it

Thanks for all the support

• Like 2