Happy Birthday Ivy!

Reciprocity

So who's Ivy?

My Mom! She's 98 years young today and still living on her own in a 3 story house. So, what's the connection with this smoking forum? It's not just because she's my Mom and she's awesome but, she smoked for roughly 20 years back in the day when the majority of people smoked. I can still vaguely remember her and my father smoking when I was a young kid. They both quit the cigarettes at some point but my Dad took up cigars then - they finally did him in or at least contributed to his demise significantly. 

My Mom ended up having battles with 2 different forms of cancer probably 30 years apart from each other. She beat it both times so, there you go if you are looking for inspiration to begin your quit or maintain an established one :) 98 and still fit as a fiddle, relatively speaking is clearly doable :) .

Her biggest issue is her hearing. I was never aware that her TV volume button went to 70 until the last time I visited her place. No wonder she rarely answers the phone when I call her :54_hushed: She refuses to get a hearing aid because she says; "those are for old people"! :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like 8

Happy Birthday Ivy,

fellow Scorp.

Hope you have wonderful celebrations !

Now, dear Mother,

Hearing Aids are not just for 'old people'.

Almost ALL of my musician friends

(ages ranging from 38-75)

wear very cool hearing aids.

They are light and look like the folks with their bluetooth contraptions.

Eargo makes a cute little model, pricey but,  really good reviews

and don't you want to hear how much everyone loves you ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1