Check in Roll Call and Status check

bakon

I put my last cigarette out at 11:59 AM on the morning of Sunday, November 16, 2014.  I have to admit I was quite scared then but wow, NOPE actually works. 

I find nothing appealing about smoking anymore and hardly ever even think about it.  I'm glad I put that crap behind me.

• Like 11

My quit has been 100% solid since Oct 6 2017 at like 5:30 AM. There have been plenty of moments though when i think "just one" or "why bother keeping the quit". Even as late as this week. But I have not caved in.

My co-workers are still mostly a bunch of needle dicks who are trying to get me to smoke again. Not by offering me tobacco but just by existing. Numbskull idiots. We do have two new supervisors so it will be fun to see how long THEY last.

thanksgiving is this Thursday and MY plan is to eat Chinese. My brother and sister might have different plans but I have my heart set.

Doreen, about the time I came upon this little gem, the song "The perfect kiss" by New Order was playing. There is a part in that song with frogs croaking. If i saw this thing in real life, i would probably have to kill it before it laid an egg or whatever ugly green things to do reproduce. I am sure her personality is great but damn is that horrific and creepy.

On 11/17/2018 at 4:52 AM, Doreensfree said:

hotlady_frog.jpg

• Like 8

Doreen, about the time I came upon this little gem, the song "The perfect kiss" by New Order was playing. There is a part in that song with frogs croaking. If i saw this thing in real life, i would probably have to kill it before it laid an egg or whatever ugly green things to do reproduce. I am sure her personality is great but damn is that horrific and creepy.

I kinda think she kinda cute....a babe .....

• Like 7

8.00 PM (IST) I had my last smoke on the 19th June 2018, and woke up on 20th June quite pissed that I'm just kidding myself about stopping, and decided that's it, today's the day. 

5 months quit now, had a few wobbles (as @Doreensfree says) but managed to get back up on my feet, more often than not due to the friends I have on here.

My brother and sis-in-law had a baby girl last week and I travel to the States (Dallas, Texas) for the 1st one's birthday and meet this one in March 2019.

Life's good, even if it kicks me in the shins now and then, I mean otherwise where would the fun be in living.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Back seat Babbles here!! 

image.png.e9a8954d3b144546f30dd4133ebc0029.png

My last smoke was the same day my daughter told me she was expecting my first grand baby

That was 6 years and 4 months ago...and I couldn't be happier.  Kaylee will never know me as a smoker.

The first year was very wobbly..even though I was committed to never taking another puff...that I knew for sure..but still...was not without struggling at times. 

Anyone currently struggling to get to the lido deck...hang in there!  It truly does get easier

• Like 13

I'm here.. been quit 1 year 3 months and 21 days.. and loving it... Though it was a battle at the begining.. mental torture and fatigue was big for me but I held on strong to my daily NOPE and my breakthrough began around 6 months.. It truly has been the best time of my life all of it.. My confidence is up I have way more time to spend with family .. I would have more money but I spend it all on my weans and Tantrum doughnuts (omg they will blow your mind and expand your waist at the same time..?) I am in a good place..  So all you lurkers .. come on in and join us .. I promise you will not regret it..?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

G'day

I Don't have a memory of the last cig I smoked but I'm clear about the first one I resisted. It's was Saturday 10th October 2015 08:30. 

( yes I know there was a mixup with the dates what a party!)

I took that cig and drowned it with with a few of its brothers and sisters in thier pack in the kitchen. The spare pack from the car got the same treatment. No keeping a few back it was on!

I took my sweetheart to a movie to keep myself busy.

Four days later she fronted me and said" You smell nice, have you given up smoking! ......I could not have been prouder!

3 years now of sweet freedom.

I don't think about smoking anymore.

I front up every day and shout my pledge to the waking world... NOPE!

its a Sweet Shout of Freedom.

Im a slave no longer.

Chris

• Like 5