Day 1

Lilly

The first day is done and I am giving myself a massive pat on the back and having my own little celebration. 

I'm really proud that I got through today. Mentally wasn't too bad and physically it was bearable. Only negative is I have a really big ulcer in my mouth which is so painful and no amount of Bonjela will help. 

Joel Spitzer has put together videos to watch during the first week which are on the link below. I watched all the Day 1 section today and learnt so much, plus it was a great way to keep busy. 

I'm now in Day 2.

https://whyquit.com/joel/index-guide.html

• Like 5

Great job

Say NOPE a bunch.

Drink some fruit juice- blood sugar will be low. Nicotine releases it somehow and your going to be out of whack for a week.

On to "bakon only advise". Nobody else will tell you this. ...ready.  Notebook out....

outside of this group, not many will know the struggle of the first couple days. Not many pat on the backs. Good jobs are few and rare.   So even your closest humans might not notice....as a result You must REWARD YOURSelf  .  Think of some little object you want but never pick up. An ice cream, a magazine, a hair brush, a book.  Anything small and self satisfying. 

Buy it.

you earned it.   

every day for first week you must REWARD YOURSelf.  It reinforces the quit. It might be the only praise you receive on some days.  

Now when you leave house don't forget....NOPE and a reward.  

Edited by bakon
  • Like 6

Congratulations, Lilly on your first few days of Freedom.

NOPE your way through the coming days.

I am glad you find Joel helpful,  I (and many others) did as well.

It was through him that I finally understood my addiction

and this knowledge became the premier tool in building my quit.

• Like 2

Congratulations on getting past day 1 Lilly :) Now it's just a matter of repeating day 1 over and over again to get your forever quit. I read your blog yesterday and loved your quit song. So much so that I started a quit song thread in the social section if you'd like to put it there. Maybe it'll help someone else also :)

• Like 3