What a week!

Wantsit

Hello everyone. I just found this site today. I'm eight days into this journey after 40 years and I can already tell I'm not the only one that has struggled with the little monster with such a super power. It has helped now knowing that I'm not the only one that has felt these overwhelming feelings I've had over the last week. I do think that it's getting better though! But I'm here to say it's been quite a week.

• Like 8

Welcome aboard, Wantsit.  Congratulations on quitting smoking.  It is a truly great thing that you are doing.

That first week is the toughest and I'm glad you made it through.

Stick around this website.  There is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain to help you stay quit for good. 

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 5

Hello again @Wantsit...so glad you found your way over here...

Hell week is behind you ...remember you will never have to go through that again ,if you keep your precious quit...

On the main board ,you will find tons of info ...look for the green pinned posts....watch all joels videos too....

Knowledge is what you fight this monster with ,you outsmart it ...

You will receive 100 per cent support here...we are a family....

Looking forward to getting to know you better...

• Like 5

Congratulations on your quit,  Wantsit !

One week, HELL week is over and you never have to go through that again !

You have just given yourself the greatest gift !  YOU QUIT SMOKING !

Reward yourself and be kind to yourself, you are doing important work.

Please avail yourself of all the educational materials here

because knowledge about nicotine addiction will empower you.

And don't forget to have some fun,

we have lots of games to play and we are a vibrant place for social exchange.

You may find this post helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum To Help Yourself Quit Smoking

Please let us know how you are feeling, remember you are not alone.

We will be happy to point you to a post that addresses your issue

or just simply commiserate with you.

So happy you found us Wantsit.

S

• Like 7

Hi wantsit, congrats on 8 days quit, that's awesome! I can't add much to all the great clues given above for you. I can just say that I too was a long term smoker, 35 years, and if I can do it anyone can. It's not always easy and some of it just sucks but it is worth it :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 7

Welcome and so happy you found this forum.  I smoked for 42 years and tried many failed attempts to quit.  This forum was the only place that was successful in helping achieve that.

There is so much support and guidance.  I'm only 3 mos ahead of you, so we can do this together.  Hang tough, the worst is really over.  The rest is just retraining the mind!

• Like 7

Welcome to the Train Wantsit!! I really hope you do want it because this is the single best thing you could ever do for yourself and the people who love you! 

Just keep pushing thru these days, every smoking thought just tell it "NOPE! I am a non-smoker now!" And move on...remember your rewards to reinforce the good behavior of not smoking and also that dopamine release we all crave. 

Good luck on your journey and hope to hear lots of good things from you!

• Like 7

Thank you everyone..I didn't know what to expect. It's funny, when you talk to someone that has never smoked , they try to encourage you, but have no idea how you are feeling at that very second that they say" it'll get better". I end up laughing after a while because they have no idea just how bad you feel and there is only one way you can go and that's up. I do appreciate the positive feel here and hope to learn from all of you!

• Like 7

Hey wantsit, if you want to see something really cool get yourself a ticker for your signature. That way you can watch all the time, money and cigarettes not smoked add up. Super motivational plus shows you what you stand to lose should you cave to a crave. I loved watching mine add up :)

• Like 3

Welcome again Wantsit.... I remember when I first joined a quit forum around the 3 week mark... every time some said it will get better I'd be like "yeah sure it will" and then I thought about it and realised everyone who was telling me that it would get better had already been there... and seriously if they were lying it would be pretty stupid because its not like I wouldn't find out... so please believe me when I say it will get better... and as bad as it might get it will never feel as bad as the way you will feel if you give up your quit. Lots of juice... lots of rewards... read everything AND write your own SOS.... it helps us know how you work just in case.

• Like 2

Well I'm going to second that....It will and does get better..

I smoked 52 years....it's so doable...you make that decision never to Stick anything in your mouth every again ,and set fire to it..

The Road can get rocky...with bumps ..pot holes...but if you stay strong ...Freedom is yours  for the taking ..

Stay close ..post often ,read read and read some more..

• Like 1

Hi Wantsit & WELL DONE Firstly!

Your doing excellent by the way

We've ALL struggled here and still struggle but..

'many hands make like work' This website is whats getting me through, All I can say is listen to the others advice & read up for inspiration when its gets tough for you.

Also have a look at 'pre respond to your own SOS' section. its a helpful tool'.

We stick together and it certainly helps.

Keep going 

Rhino

• Like 4