Friday 9 th November 2018

Cbdave

@Wee fluffy me ..... No Friday Hugs????? ? ? ? .... I think lots of us hang out for your hugs.

Well its a better late than never NOPE my friends.... there really was nothing to interest me in the calendar events so lets go for interesting facts about (just spinning the imaginary wheel in my head)......Dyslexia... our Fluffy has been flying the dyslexia ribbon all week as it is Scottish Dyslexia Awareness Week.... so did you know dyslexia is the most common learning disability in the world?.. well it is, with one in ten people around the world having some degree of dyslexia although most will never be diagnosed. Dyslexics come from all language and cultural backgrounds and most dyslexics have above average or even genius level IQs. While dyslexia may affect reading primarily it is considered a language disability because it has to do with the way language pathways are established in the brain. Where a non dyslexic's brain will run a neural pathway from the image of a letter to the sound it makes, any excemptions, and words it is used with a dyslexic's brain will take the long way, it might route through some maths equations, then stop of at ice cream flavours then pop over to pictures and finally link to the sound the letter makes.. or maybe a different sounf just for fun. Severe dyslexics may never make the neural connection between the sound a letter makes and what it looks like... so they cab hear a word and know what it means but not be able to read or spell it. New research shows that on average it takes  a dyslexic brain six times with 10 times as many steps to write or read the same word as a non-dyslexic... multiple that by an entire day ans dyslexics get mental tired very easily. The worst thing you can say to a dyslexic is "Can't you sound it out?"... my daughter's response is usually... "No I can't, I have dyslexia and minimal phoneme memory recognition as the MRI shows minimal sound language activity in my brain while looking at letters and reading." So there you go... something knew you might not have known.

Slide30.jpg

NOPE .... not one puff ever.

• Like 2