Why a relapse after so long

Kdad

On 11/8/2018 at 5:41 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Its a great question... especially for newbies if they see people further along quit. So I threw away a long quit, I didn't loose it, I chose to toss it away but having a smoke, buying a pack and being a junky. I can tell you this quit, the one I have now, will be the last quit I have... and it feels completely different to the first one. This quit is basically a done deal now, I know I can never have another puff because I know 1 puff and I'm a pack a day within a week. But this time I don't even want one.

Thanks so much for this post. I understand exactly how you feel. I'm in a relapse after quitting 3 1/2 years ago, and aiming to quit.  I have to. And it is different in many ways from my first quit, I agree. I need to be inspired as you are and make this quit IT.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sparky said:

Thanks so much for this post. I understand exactly how you feel. I'm in a relapse after quitting 3 1/2 years ago, and aiming to quit.  I have to. And it is different in many ways from my first quit, I agree. I need to be inspired as you are and make this quit IT.

Welcome Sparky. So the single biggest piece of advice I got early on was only take it one day at a time. I kid you not for the first four month I just quit for the day. I didn't worry about tomorrow, or next week, or next month I just worried about one day, 24 hours... that's it. After the first day I knew I could do 24 hours... and this time, I armed myself with knowledge. I watched the videos and read the articles and watched the documentaries. Many here have had success with Alan Carr... there are those who have cold turkied and those who have used NRT. I just hit my 1 year. I feel so different to the first, big quit. I am more solid at a hair past 1 year than I was at 6 years last time. Seriously though I still tell myself every morning... I'm not going to smoke today.

• Like 5