The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Hello all. I finally decided to log in and make this a thing. Im 17, almost 18 days quit at this moment. Pretty good so far, and I’ve made it through a lot of triggers and stresses from work, so I’m pretty proud to be where I’m at right now. I’m excited, about to have a baby girl any day now. Quit for lots of reasons, but mostly for me. Right now I’m just relaxing and taking everything one day at a time. 

• Like 9

Welcome SecondChanceSailor and congratulations on almost 18 days quit. The first month is by far the hardest so just hang in there and keep saying NOPE.  You're so smart to quit this young. I wish I had of.

You'll find a lot of support here as well as tons of things to read to both educate yourself on this addiction and keep your mind off the misery.  I'm glad you had a good day yesterday, it gives you a glimpse of the good days ahead. :)

Congratulations on your baby girl and I thank you for your service :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 5

Welcome aboard SCS! That's a great start you have going there :) As mentioned already, educate yourself about nicotine addiction by reading as much as you can here. There's a lot of great info. in the Green Pinned Threads on the Quit Smoking Discussions Page. Lots of quit smoking videos by Joel on another page. Reading about others experiences is a great source of info as well. Knowing what to expect is half the battle. There's lots of people here to help you along as well. That can be a huge help at times as well. We are all quitters and have gone through exactly what you are going through now so we get it! We also have an SOS page so if you every run up against a time when you need help. Just post up and wait for three responses. People will come running to your assistance.

• Like 4

Hello and welcome aboard the Quit Train...

Congrats on your great quit..and the arrival of your soon little baby girl....

You have every reason to travel all the way to Freedom....no stinky cuddles from daddy...

Read all you can here...watch all Joels video,s..knowledge... You fight this demon with knowledge...you outsmart it ...

We have a daily NOPE thread.... It's a great way to start the day...a promise to yourself to stay smoke free for 24 hrs....

You Quit one day at a time..

Stay close to the board...the ones that do ,are the ones most likely to succeed...

Looking forward to getting to know you better..

• Like 4

Congratulations on taking your life back!! I can only echo what everyone else has said so...just here for the party!! 

Quitting is the best thing you can do for yourself and the people who love you. Find that fire deep inside and grow it with each NOPE! 

Places like this help keep you on track and are full of everything you need for a solid, educated quit. Your quit is what you put in; so it's really all or nothing.

Edited by c9jane29
Spelling
  • Like 1

Welcome Sailor,

Congratulations on your quit !

Eighteen days of freedom is a big deal.  Reward yourself !

As everyone has said, educate yourself about your nicotine addiction.

This is your most valuable tool.

As @Doreensfree says,  "You fight this demon with knowledge...you outsmart it ..."

Welcome Sailor.   17 days quit is awesome.  That is the tough time when you are getting rid of all that nicotine.  The next part is just avoiding those craves and changing your pattern of thinking.  How exciting you are going to have a new baby girl.  This is the perfect time to change your life.  

Start reading about your addiction and also read other member experiences.   We are all here to support, cheer and help you along.  So happy to help you on this journey.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SecondChanceSailor said:

elaxed, watched football and now movie and popcorn with the wife!

Relaxed with the wife almost three weeks in, you are doing great.  I think I was biting my husbands head off at this point.  Doing great Sailor.  

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 3