Pets and The Time Change

jillar

Our pets have no clue that we have to change our clocks twice a year. But they do know what time they eat dinner! So every year as long as I've ever had pets I've changed the time I feed them. 

Daylight savings time, dinner is at 6:00 pm. Standard time, it's at 5:00 pm. 

Anyone else as weird as me?

Edited by jillar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My pets get fed twice a day but the times are never consistent so it doesn't really matter. If I was organised and had my pets on a routine feeding schedule then I would definitely just change the time I fed them like you do Jillar.... makes sense to me. 

• Like 3

Yeah well the boys in my house don't do buffet... the inhale until the bowl is empty and then go sleep or play... they never leave some for Ron or Justin.

(Ron = later on,  Justin = Just in case)

Edited by notsmokinjo
translations
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cash has figured out which cabinet we keep his treats in.  He wags his tail and knocks on the door of that cabinet.

Sometimes I give him a treat.  Other times, when I know he's already had too much to eat, I can lure him away from the cabinet with his favorite chewy toy.

He would eat all day if we let him.  However, he's still a puppy and has a short attention span.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

saddly I think girl dogs and cats have more food brains... before the boys came Shaddow used to leave food to snack on during the day, same as the cats... but she has to guts it too now or Gun will get her food.

I had a male cat who nibbled at his leisure. Now I have a female cat and dog and they're both piggies. Can't leave anything for later lol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, notsmokinjo said:

My pets get fed twice a day but the times are never consistent so it doesn't really matter. If I was organised and had my pets on a routine feeding schedule then I would definitely just change the time I fed them like you do Jillar.... makes sense to me. 

My OWN wake-up and feeding times are not consistent. BUT usually within two hours of whatever time. Wait, did that make sense?

On 11/5/2018 at 5:40 AM, Doreensfree said:

My Ted has dried food in his bowl all day...he eats tiny bits of it at his leisure....he's not a greedy boy at all....he has the odd dreamy treat...but not many...

Don't want him getting too fat...as he's a house lazy cat ...

I would love to do that with my dog but I live in an almost 100 year old house so it is not sealed off to perfection, so the stupid mice sometimes get in looking for food. As there is no food they can actually get to, they usually leave.

2 minutes ago, Jet Black said:

My OWN wake-up and feeding times are not consistent. BUT usually within two hours of whatever time. Wait, did that make sense?

Yep makes sense.... feeding time is random but within a two hour window.... yeah? Kind of routinely random ?

Must be cool living in an old house... the first two houses I lived in were both over 100 years old... the wiring in them was that old cloth wound stuff

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notsmokinjo said:

Yep makes sense.... feeding time is random but within a two hour window.... yeah? Kind of routinely random ?

Must be cool living in an old house... the first two houses I lived in were both over 100 years old... the wiring in them was that old cloth wound stuff

I am usually up most of the night and sleep away the day til i got to work.

I kind of have mixed feelings about living in an old house. One concern is if thing would crumble and of course some of the wiring is old, the cloth wound as you said. Some wire is updated.

I will save you my recent life story but living here the "rent" is super cheap and a much better deal than paying $600 USD a month to live in a tiny cramped apartment around a bunch of criminals which usually inhabit rental properties.