Quiting again.

Foe

So. I am quiting again. I stopped smoking in 2017 in may and started smoking again 1.5 months ago. so after about a year and a half I started again. I just had my last quiting forever. I use to be on qsmb witch really helped so looked for a forum again. well I will be checking in every day and start the nope rule again.

• Like 6

I remember you from QSMB, Foe.  I hate that you relapsed. 

I hope you see that life as a non-smoker was a lot better for you than your recent life as a smoker.  Those cigarettes do nothing positive for you at all.

I'm glad you are quitting again.  Just like at QSMB, stick close to this site and reach out if you are struggling.  It is time for you to put cigarettes behind you forever.

• Like 4

Welcome to Quit Train Foe! I hope you learned from whatever happened that lead you to starting up again. Giving up a quit that is that advanced is a real shame. Let's get you on the road to your forever quit :) Take a tour around the train here. It's probably similar to your previous form in a lot of ways. Education about our addiction is a beneficial thing so read all you can. You know you can do it because you have done it before but this time, you just need to change what ever it was that lead you back to lighting up.

I'm really happy you decided to quit again. Your life may depend on it!

• Like 3

Hi Foe, sorry about the relapse but glad you found us and are back to quitting :) You'll find a lot of people from qsmb here as quittrain welcomed us with open arms after the demise of that forum. It's a great group here so stay close and pledge NOPE! :)

• Like 3

The Law of Addiction will get you every time!! I liked learning about nicotine and the withdrawal process and it helped alot to be educated about my addiction...I was able to understand that if I was crabby it was probably low blood sugar or if I had a "craving" then I probably just wanted a break from what I was doing. 

Find a reward that works for you (I used mini chocolate bars) for that dopamine release.

Welcome aboard :)

• Like 2

Welcome @Foe and thanks for introducing yourself :)

Take a good look around. There are many usefull threads all over the board. 

Take care these coming days, body's working hard to get rid of all the toxins. 

And if you feel like it, please let us know how youre doing!  

• Like 1

Hi and welcome aboard....

Great to hear you have decided to quit again...do  have a good look around here...tons of good info to help you along.

There are a few of your friends here from the QSMB... But you will also make new friends...this is a great community... Who will support you a hundred percent....

You can do it ... 

• Like 1

hi Foe,

Welcome aboard!!!

I have nothing new to tell you since you have a good experience of quitting.

Just keep that feeling in mind of not being a slave to this habit to, if you're going through a hard day, smoking meant taking time out to go screw your lungs, when you came back, the problem was still there.

And trust me I get the feeling where it doesn't matter if there's logic in not throwing your quit away, I have been through that, still go through that sometimes...but when you do feel that, hop on here, and you will get the support to ride the storm out.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, Foe said:

Hey yeah still here. I have bin lurking a bit. Last day went pretty good. But I whas really bussy so I think that helped :D. Thx for checking up. 

You are never too busy to hold fast to your commitment to NOPE.

Remember Cristobal's formula,

You--->Your Quit--->Your Life.

Let us know how your are doing.

• Like 1