brand.new.ela is 1 YEAR Smoke Free

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @brand.new.ela for being 1 year smoke free.... welcome to the Lido Deck.

Well done and having a full year of freedom. What a great quit you have established to last the rest of your life. Bet you are glad that 12 months ago you said enough was enough and then stuck it out, I know we are glad to have you here with us. So sit back, take a glass as we toast your success.

-W59YkEz1dp2.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic accomplishment brand.new.ela!! Your 1st full year smoke free is fabulous and a testament to all the hard work you had to do throughout that first year healing your body and retraining your mind. You've been through most if not all your triggers by now so by just maintaining what you've built, you will be smoke free for life. Hope you have a huge celebration planned today. It only comes around once :)

Welcome to the Lido Deck Ela :) 

2z7ijxe.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It's an honor to receive all those wishes and congratulations. One year ago I didn't know how everything would turn out. It wasn't my first quit attempt, the previous one I blew almost exactly five years ago, sometime in November 2013. Since then I was torn between the feeling of defeat ("I will never be able to quit") and the brainwashed attitude ("I smoke because I enjoy it"). I did write before that this quit started because of a very trivial reson: I got new perfume and wanted to smell like it. And so I decided to stop smoking. And something weird happened: quitting turned out easy! There were cravings, but none that I could shake off, and overall, it felt easier and simplier, and less challenging than any other attepmt. Maybe I was also lucky that this time the cravings were much weaker, anyway, I got a chance and I used it.

About a month into the quit my world changed. I was told either to move to an unfriendly country or to leave my job. I left, found another one, I'm unhappy there but that's another story. Some time after that I realized, that old Ela would have used that opportunity to smoke. The brand new one - she didn't. There were stress-related cravings but I didn't want to smoke. And that's how this quit happened, I knew, that if I didn't smoke during that period of stress, I wouldn't smoke ever. And here I am, partying with you :D 

Around the 17th day I found QSMB and it was a pleasure to meet all the wonderful people. There were periods when I was silent and those when I was active, but I can say without any doubt, that a community that will support you but without sugarcoating is a treasure. Thank you for all your help, all the useful information and simply for being there!

cake and champagne for all!

• Like 12

OMG Ela, you absolute star! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for me while I've been on board. Your kindness and support have been ever present and words cannot describe how happy I am for you.

Keep rocking that quit and hope to see you around here for many years to come!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sslip said:

OMG Ela, you absolute star! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done for me while I've been on board. Your kindness and support have been ever present and words cannot describe how happy I am for you.

Keep rocking that quit and hope to see you around here for many years to come!

16 hours ago, Boo said:

Great job Ela.  Enjoy the Lido Deck, you've earned it.

image.png.343e0f9b37cce5080a8bfd2dc85dcb16.png

1 hour ago, BKP said:

This is not just any cruise....it's your cruise.  Congrats ela!  Welcome to the Lido Deck.

TSwgugZFptoj.gif

Thank you! It’s wonderful to celebrate with you! 

Congratulations on your First year of Freedom, Ela.

Thank you so much for sharing your quit with us,

by doing so you have helped innumerable people.

Please celebrate wildly and know that the Tardis is here should you need a jitney.