Not sure if I can...

Tammy

You have a great quit going, Tammy.  Don't give up on it.

Hopefully you've noticed considerable positive life changes since putting out that last cigarette.   You will just throw all that away if you smoke again.

I've relapsed before.  That relapse cigarette is horrible.  It will not give you peace or relaxation.  It will just taste horrible and you will feel horrible.

Please don't light up.  Nothing is worth going back to being a smoker.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Want to talk about it Tammy? No matter what you're going through it's still going to be there smoke or not

Oh and I know you're keeping your awesome quit because you posted :) You CAN get past this!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tammy said:

I don't want to but things are not making sense right now. 

Is lighting up a cigarette going to answer all the questions and put things in a better light?

Nope.

All that will happen is you will get a temporary nicotine fix and be right back to square one in regards to your quit.  Anything else you are dealing with at the current moment will remain unchanged by smoking a cigarette.

13 minutes ago, Tammy said:

I truly don't want to throw away my quit 

The power to stay quit is 100% in your control.

No outside factor(s) can make you throw away your quit.

Choose wisely.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I am truly sorry but just things I am dealing with right now on a personal basis are brimming over 

I posted because I want to do something other than light up, thanks for the messages... I will stay online but even though I know it won't make a difference, craving one too badly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree with Boo. I have given up on past quits and regretted it immediately. The relief is so temporary, followed by immense sadness and disappointment in yourself. You will stink and just feel horrible....plus your problem will still be there!!

Please don't smoke .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Never be sorry! Just talk it out; that's why we're here. A cigarette won't fix it, won't fill the void, and only add to the regret. 

What will help is filling your heart with our light...take our strength and make it yours;.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Tammy said:

I will stay online but even though I know it won't make a difference, craving one too badly 

Craves are temporary thoughts.  Fleeting.

Don't make a long-term commitment that is not in your best interests based solely on a temporary thought.

The regret of throwing away your quit will far outlast the nicotine fix you get from smoking a cigarette.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

You are stronger than your crave, Tammy.  Whatever is going on will NOT be fixed by smoking.

I know Johnny, nothing is ever fixed by this, 

I gotta keep this quit, it's a good thing it's 1 am here, no point looking for a smoke either but the damn irritating voice inside me just won't quieten down 

1 minute ago, Boo said:

Craves are temporary thoughts.  Fleeting.

Don't make a long-term commitment that is not in your best interests based solely on a temporary thought.

The regret of throwing away your quit will far outlast the nicotine fix you get from smoking a cigarette.

You know Boo, I am not even craving the fix, I just want a semblance of something normal, something familiar, sounds stupid and I know it... Gotta grit my teeth and get through this. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tammy said:

I know Johnny, nothing is ever fixed by this, 

I gotta keep this quit, it's a good thing it's 1 am here, no point looking for a smoke either but the damn irritating voice inside me just won't quieten down 

The damn irritating voice inside you will quieten down soon.   Craves, even strong ones like you are currently going through, will go away.  Just don't smoke.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tammy....whatever is causing you so much stress.... Please listen to your friends here....

What would smoking gain for you... Nothing.... The stress situation will still be there...

Go to the ffff thread and get it out...

We won't be shocked... We have heard it all....

You would puff on that poison stick and you would hate yourself..... You would feel sick.... Very sick....

Stay weith us ..till it passes....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yes I have lost a 4 month quit, and the bloody thing was,nt even worth it! tasted like crap!! and made my head spin and indeed I felt sick.... so much for relief eh and feeling normal!!

I'm glad its 1am where you are, and hopefully you will be in bed soon, and tomorrow will be a better day.

Thinking of you and sending (((hugs)))

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Tammy....whatever is causing you so much stress.... Please listen to your friends here....

What would smoking gain for you... Nothing.... The stress situation will still be there...

Go to the ffff thread and get it out...

We won't be shocked... We have heard it all....

You would puff on that poison stick and you would hate yourself..... You would feel sick.... Very sick....

Stay weith us ..till it passes....

I want to punch something but I don't know if there are enough expletives to cover what I want to yell. 

But I won't smoke, I promise 

Thank you to each of you for responding so promptly, I still have the crave but it's feeble... I truly appreciate you all sticking it out with me, 

The problem persists but I won't smoke. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

You have a lot of people giving you good and honest advice. Some who have been where you are and have made the wrong choice. Be sure you make the right choice and stay quit! Too much invested to give it up now. Times of trial make us want to retreat to familiar and comfortable things. Smoking is ingrained in your brain as a familiar and comfortable thing and that's why you want to go there not but .... it's not a good place. It's the place you so desperately wanted to get away from. Keep going in the quit direction because going backward is never a good thing.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tammy said:

I want to punch something but I don't know if there are enough expletives to cover what I want to yell. 

But I won't smoke, I promise 

Thank you to each of you for responding so promptly, I still have the crave but it's feeble... I truly appreciate you all sticking it out with me, 

The problem persists but I won't smoke. 

The crave will pass, you dont want to start over. Any straws around? Cut one to the size of a cigg and make believe your smoking it, pull on it hold it in for 2-3 secs and continue until the crave ( anxious feeling) goes away

straw.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good on you for standing your ground and saying NOPE! Now, a little trick I did that worked great for me when I had a really big crave..... I just pretended I was holding an actual cigarette and then went through the motions of "smoking" it. I took deep drags, which is really just deep breathing, BUT it was enough to trick my brain into thinking it was getting it's way..... Some others have used cut straws or pens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Phew...I thought I would have to book a flight to India... And whack you with my pan....

We are a army...and we fight together....when I was going through a bad time...a wise owl on the board said...

It's OK to wobble....just make sure you dont fall over....

Hoping tomorrow will be a better day ,and things will be clearer..for you....

Stay strong sweetheart xxxx

2TwdeBOhKUxuU.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1