Not sure if I can...

Tammy

Tammy, listen. I'm usualy not one for the guilt game, but ill make an exception. The thing is, I look up to you. I follow Linda and then YOU, in your well carved footsteps. You can't let me down, so smoking would not be an option anyway. Ha! 

No seriously. I hope you will be in a better brighter place real soon. The only way is NOPE. But, make your nope with a tea, or hot honey water. Take care of yourself ok?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tammy said:

You know Boo, I am not even craving the fix, I just want a semblance of something normal, something familiar, sounds stupid and I know it... 

Doesn't sound stupid at all.  Most of us like a sense of normalcy and familiarity.  That's just human nature.

However, if we're going to reach our potential, there have to be moments of discomfort.  Times when we break from the routine.  It's the only way change can occur.

Everyone who quit smoking felt those moments.  The early days of a quit can be a confusing time both physically and mentally.  

With that being said, ask any former smoker if it was worth it in the long-run.  My answer is a definitive, without-a-doubt YES!  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you again my beautiful QT family, I don't think tomorrow will change a lot since it is already tomorrow, but I am not going to light up, things are going awry faster than I can figure them out... But I understand smoking won't help... Dunno what will but this for sure won't. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, MLMR said:

Tammy, listen. I'm usualy not one for the guilt game, but ill make an exception. The thing is, I look up to you. I follow Linda and then YOU, in your well carved footsteps. You can't let me down, so smoking would not be an option anyway. Ha! 

No seriously. I hope you will be in a better brighter place real soon. The only way is NOPE. But, make your nope with a tea, or hot honey water. Take care of yourself ok?

Mlmr, you are an inspiration yourself, every day standing up for your quit takes a special kind of determination. 

Thank you for the reminder 

I had whiskey, need to switch off my brain... Hopefully that'll help. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tammy said:

Thank you again my beautiful QT family, I don't think tomorrow will change a lot since it is already tomorrow, but I am not going to light up, things are going awry faster than I can figure them out... But I understand smoking won't help... Dunno what will but this for sure won't. 

Tammy ..

Many heads are better than one.... If the train can help  / advise in any way....you have so many good friends here who love you ,

It can be done privately.... Sometimes just to unload helps....

I'm so happy and proud you didn,t throw your beautiful quit away....xxx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'm so glad you posted an SOS and fought through this, Tammy.  Anytime you need our help, please reach out to us. 

I hope whatever you are going though gets better and you can get some peace.  Just remember, that peace will not come from a cigarette though.  You are over 4 months quit.  That is a huge accomplishment.  Do whatever you have to do to protect that great quit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tammy said:

But I understand smoking won't help... Dunno what will but this for sure won't.

Chocolate fixes alot of my problems? 

At least it gives me that instant feel good that addicts crave...The whole train sends hugs and good vibes, Tammy...even in this tornado, take some time for you and try to find a moment of quiet enjoyment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh Tammy, I know exactly how you are feeling.  I am hurting right now also, and craving.  I don't actually think it is the cigarette I am craving.   Normalcy to us smokers, was concealing our pain in a cloud of smoke.  My cigarette, my friend would always help me through difficult situations.  Now that we are so far into our quits, we need to acknowledge that the cigarette actually did nothing to comfort or soothe our heart.  It actually does nothing to change the situation.  It makes us weaker.  It bides or time while life swirls around us and we ignore it.

You and I now have people that care about us.  They may not be there physically to hold and comfort us but they are there.  Encouraging you and others helps me so much.  I want to keep going for you.  Know that I am praying that your situation does calm down in you life.  Each day is a new day.  I am her for you.  You can message me at any time.  Hang in there  girl.  

Love,

Llinda       

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, BKP said:

Keep the quit Tammy!  You're worth it.

Sorry this happened when I was sleeping... but if everything everyone has said could be compressed into two sentences BKP did it.... Keep the quit Tammy! You're worth it.

You are an inspiration to those coming behind you... you are an inspiration to those in front of you... I don't think I have thanked you enough for reminding me of Invictus... I have this poem in my purse now and I pull it out and read it when I get a niggle from the nicotine receptors or things seem unbeatable in my life... you gave me that and regardless of what life wants to through at me "My head is not bowed".... you gave that to me.... "I am the master of my soul" ... you gave me those words too. Never be sorry to bother us, because as Doreen said we are an army and we fight together... we are not going to sit on the sidelines and watch one of ours (you, you're one of ours) face any life battle alone, just look over your shoulder chookie and there we are standing shoulder to shoulder already marching forward with you... we are all here for you.

I am so proud you SOS'd.... you are a star my dear... shining bright and sharing your support when you are in a good place and wise enough to put your hand up and wave when you need that help yourself. So my dear friend, until your twinkle comes back... and it will, I promise.... that hurting and those thoughts that are plaguing you now... it will get better, it will probably leave a scar, but it will get better and until it does honey we have your back... we are here... you can talk to us in pm's... there are lots of people here who care about you and who will listen and keep you safe and help you keep your quit safe... why YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

You are worth it.... it is not bothering anyone for you to say I need help.... it is not a bother for anyone to offer help.

You are worth it.... you are our friend, you are our mate, we are always here for you.

You are worth it.... you are an amazing woman who has the most beautiful and caring sole... anyone who calls stray dogs their friend and makes sure they have some warmth and love in their days is a beautiful person... there is an old saying that dogs and children see a persons true character.. if dogs are happy to see you, you are worth it and a good person.

You're Worth It.... and IT.... it is everything!!!!

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Tammy you are showing more strength than you realize.  You are getting thru this.  At the end of this crave you will be so much stronger and feel so much better.  Good going, as said above you are the master of your soul!!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Overwhelmed by the support and love I receive here...thank you...you guys are fighting the good fight...and I'm proud to be a part of this family.

Thanks to each and every one of you who took time out of their day to read and/or post here, it means the world to me.I kept my quit...and I intend to keep it going forward too. These wobbles remind me that I can't let my guard down, no matter what. I am sorting through some things, but I have to be true to myself and maintain this quit.

You are all amazing human beings...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Aawww Tammy sorry I'm late but so, so, glad the the worst has passed and you have kept your beautiful hard fought quit because..  yes, you are so worth it..  I just wanted to say I am here too walking by your side and any time you want or need to talk just message me xx

This I also need to say...

Aaaaawwww you wonderful, mad, crazy, fabulous Quit Train peeps, this is what it's all about and a beautiful thing to see.. am welling up here, am welling up ??

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey, if we couldn't talk her down, she was going to have to face Doreen's frying pan.  ?.

Tammy, so glad you were able to get past the crave.  I am so amazed how I think I have this handled and one day jumps out there and I want to smoke.  I am also so grateful for the people here.

Edited by Linda Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Linda Thomas said:

Hey, if we couldn't talk her down, she was going to have to face Doreen's frying pan.  ?.

Tammy, so glad you were able to get paste the crave.  I am so amazed how I think I have this handled and one day jumps out there and I want to smoke.  I am also so grateful for the people here.

Yup Linda, Doreen with the pan in hand was enough to bring me back to my senses. 

I am grateful for all of you too... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jillar said:

So glad you got past that bad crave and kept your beautiful quit Tammy, you would have been so disappointed with yourself if you had lost all that hard work. Well done :) 

I agree Jillar, thank you for reminding me about it 

• Like 3