Thursday 1st November 2018

Cbdave

Greetings NOPErs as with the first of every month there are special days to shout out and also the special months... so the days, the special day shout out goes to the American calendar which tells me that 1 November is MEN MAKE DINNER DAY so for all you blokes out there best be doing something impressive in the kitchen tonight, and phoning take out is not following a recipe.... NOW onto the month themes... the Aussies have a mix bag to offer, as did the Americans and the UN world calendar... so for anyone who has ever seen the Aussie cricket team play during November you know its MOVEMBER (which is global people) a wonderful charity where gents start the month with bare naked lip and grow a mo... they get sponsors and raise money and awareness for men's health issues... Why not be a mo-bro and get a pet caterpillar for you lip happening.... the USA gives us Native American Heritage month...which to an outsider seems interesting because I just don't know the history outside movies.... and then down here I check our list.... Its flippin Learn on the Loo month... I kid you not, they expect us to dedicate the time we sit on the dunny this month to learning something knew.. and suggest a language????....but then I flicked to the next page and struck gold.... November, in Australia is Lung Health Awareness month.... what a fantastic month to quit in... it has been for years thanks to the Lung Foundation who have a wonderful website ( https://lungfoundation.com.au ) with heaps of info for patients, carers, professional.... maybe that is why there are so many successful quits in November... so if your lurking... Lung Health Awareness month is a pretty good time to quit people... come join us.

61qsRMQcmuL._SX569_.jpg

(In Aus the white ribbon is for violence against women and the lung cancer ribbon is clear.. for clear air.... but that's hard to depict)

NOPE ..... my lungs have suffered enough.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1