Feel like I am ready to jump out of my skin.

Mee

I have been doing hospice taking care of my friend and it has not been easy.  Her niece is a smoker and she kept sneaking outside for a smoke.  She kept hugging me last night and for the first time since my quit I was starting to crave

Not that I mind being there.  I love this lady very much but it is emotional.

Then good old mom and dad are feeling neglected, maybe jealous I am not giving them attention.  My mom called and told me I needed to take dad to the dentist and two Dr. Appt.  this week.

So took him to the dentist, which took 3 hrs. this morning.  He did not want to wait for prescription so I took him home and went back.

Now 3 hrs later, the dentist called and and said I needed to come in and pick up a script for pain for my dad.  They can not call it in because it is an opioid.

So here I sit at the pharmacy 10th person in line and then probably a half hour wait and I am boiling on the inside.  Mad at the world.  I so feel like giving in to that darn smoke.  I feel like I could jump out of my skin.

Oh my goodness did you ever feel l8ke running away.  That is me!

• Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

I so feel like giving in to that darn smoke.  I feel like I could jump out of my skin.

I'm really sorry for all that you are going through, Linda, but what good would come out of giving in to that darn smoke?  It will not change your situation for the better.  It will just make you feel so much worse.  Believe me, that cigarette will make you feel horrible.  You have a great quit going.  Please don't give up on it.  Lighting up will not improve anything.

• Like 5

Oh, Linda !  

Of course, I have felt like jumping out of my own skin or running away.  Far far away.

You know that a smoke will not help you.

Breathe and breathe and slow it down.  

Remember you are loved.

When you are calmer, you can call your mother and tell her that you cannot manage bringing your dad to the other appointments this week.

Spend time with your friend.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know that.  That is why I posted.  You guys can talk me out of anything and make me smile.  I really think it is going to take a lot to get me out of this foul, smoky thinking mood.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Okay just got the prescription, walked past the smokes,  but could not resist the malted whoppers.  Still have to drop pills off at parents. Maybe I won't go home but go sit by the lake, breath and eat my whoppers!

• Like 5

Linda, you don't want to smoke, that's why you posted here :) I think a lot of us had pretty bad cravings around our three month mark and I for one reached out like you did. 

Remember that you are in control of your life and it really is ok to tell your folks that you're busy. Perhaps then they will ask instead of tell you when they need your help. 

I'm glad your friend is still with you, aren't you glad that when you hug her you don't smell like stale smoke :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Linda I don't think you are going to give in I think you are just overwhelmed.

There is only so much one person can take emotionally and you've reached your limit today. 

What you really need right now is a darn good hug and somebody to take some of the load from you. We can spend so much time looking after everyone else and forget to look after ourselves. 

I'm glad you posted because being able to actually get your feelings out really helps. 

Wish I could actually help by waiting in line for you x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

rt0pdd.jpg

Linda Thomas, I'll kick your butt!!

And then hug you silly because I know the feeling...take some deep breaths.

7 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Okay just got the prescription, walked past the smokes,  but could not resist the malted whoppers.  Still have to drop pills off at parents. Maybe I won't go home but go sit by the lake, breath and eat my whoppers!

I was going to tell you to buy a snickers and eat it on the car ride, but lake and whoppers is a much better idea!!

• Like 4

Beautiful lake tonight.  I think it was that way just for me.  Sat and calmed down and ate every one of my whoppers.  This beautiful view (Lake Erie) is a few blocks from my street.  I don't know why I don't go down and enjoy it more.  

Thanks guys for jumping in and bringing me to my senses.  Two more days and it will be 3 mos.  I would have kicked myself if I threw that away!!!!!!!

43128014_10101592983939562_2819356720826941440_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

We all need time to ourselves...don't ever forget that YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

We WILL see you on the lido deck and it will be the party of the year!

Keep calm and quit on, friend? 

(P.S. keep spray handy for the daughter's stinky hugs; just a quick spritz to redirect the brain)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Linda,  you do a lot of caring for everyone these days, more than usual even! Glad to hear you went to the lake and had a moment for yourself. Proud of you for KTQ and can you visualise it too? How this moment made your quit even stronger than it was? 

This is how you quit! 

• Like 4

Linda,

What a view, and I'm sure it helped you overcome that temporary craving. I can just sense the sound of the lapping waves from that pic.

Glad to know you tided over this crave, that's what sticking up for your quit means. You're doing amazingly well, both as someone who's trying to kick the habit and as a human being.

Kudos!!!

• Like 4

Aww sorry I'm late here...getting some much needed sleep....

Glad to see all your friends here...came and gave you words of comfort ,and helped you along your journey....

You have alot on your plate just now ..you did the right thing ..you came here and ...got it all out ....

You would have hated smoking ,the minute you lit up....and nearly fainted.... Started coughing.... And your whole being would have been stinky...

And I would have to have come over there with my frying pan ...to give a good whack....

And it true...it wouldn't have made the situation any different....

You did something nice....went to a serene place and calmed down....you are lucky to have such a wonderful place on your doorstep...

Maybe your hubby will carry out some of the simpler jobs for you...like picking up meds and such....

You are about to have a 3 month party....that's quite Amazin....so glad you kept hold of it with your two hands ....it's precious ....

Love ya sweetie...xx

• Like 2