Urgent! Unbelievably sad team! Emotional! Sad

RhinoDragon

At the minute im just so sad, cannot be arsed to do anything at all, motivation has totally gone and im just so emotional!

Sure its the demons leavin but its bloody tough!!!!

Got in bed and even thats an effort but it is the only way i can see myself getting through this episode.

Please my team send me suggestions . . . Sooner rather than later.

Thanking you all in advance

Rhino ?

• Like 6

On rhino, good on you for posting. Just hang in there because it will pass, I promise! This first month can be brutal so what I did was keep myself busy by posting, reading, socializing and celebrating with members. Have you tried playing games to distract your mind off the misery?

• Like 7

Aawww Rhino, hang in there.. it does get better I promise..  I was the exact same in my early quit.. hardly had the energy to drag my carcass out of bed but I did and I pushed on forward and stuck to my quit group like glue.. it did get better all part of the healing process... and yeah please do come over and join us on the games.. it's a good distraction.. and loads of fun to be had..?

• Like 6

You have to just push thru...

Your brain is sad...you're not giving it it's "feel good" drugs. Nicotine has changed the chemistry of your brain; every time you smoked it would give you a dopamine dump (that ahhhh feeling) and also a spike in blood sugar and heart rate that could be confused with extra energy.

That's why we recommend snacking and fruit juice to give you that sugar dump and also rewards for the dopamine. Chocolate is a great replacement in the beginning quit because it hits alot of the same receptors.

Distractions are good but education about nicotine addiction will help you understand WHY you feel the way you do. This helps fight the smoking thoughts with reason not just emotions.

Edited by c9jane29
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Another thing I used in my first months was my JAC (Jillars air cigarette). I just pretended I was holding a cigarette and then went through the motions of "smoking" it. I took deep drags too, which is really just deep breathing, but it was enough to trick my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. Some people use pens or pencils or even cut straws. I liked my invisible one though because I like to look stupid puffing on an invisible cigarette lol. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Aw I remember this feeling too, soooo tired. I coped by going to bed as much as I could, and lay in bed watching DVD,s that made me feel happy, ie Disney for me.

it will get better, do whatever it takes to make you relax and feel better, eat your fave food, whilst watching a great film...even better .

• Like 6

The comments you have above are great Rhino! This is very common and I know myself, I was pretty much a shut-in the first while after I quit. It's bloody tough as hell at times and exhausting and yes, not in a good mood at all because of the changes going on but - that doesn't last forever and it's part of the dues we must pay to be free again. Grit your teeth and push through Rhino. We have all been there and made it through. You can too. Stay close to us here on the board because you will get inspiration from these fine folk. That's invaluable in the first part of your quit :)

• Like 7

Firstly well done for reaching out ....it means you really don't want to smoke ,but your junkie brain is tapping away.....

They don't call it hell week for nothing...

Your body is going through some massive changes... It's been used to being fed a shit load of chemicals every day...

You have had some great advice.... The only way is push forward...all is temporary....

Stay close here...post away...there are a million things you can do ...just don't smoke....

Come here ranting...we have heard it all...get it out ....

• Like 7

YouTube has some relaxing sleep music to chill out to. One I used to listen to was literally logs crackling on a log fire, sounds weird but it really helped me drift off to sleep. Rainforest sounds also make you feel very peaceful.

lots to read from Joel Spitzer, and of course come on here as much as you can, you will find it really helps you.

• Like 6

Rhino, I was tired most of the time but had a very difficult time with depression. If you can't seem to get out of the fog, you might discuss it with you physician. That first month is a tough one but you can do it.  We are so glad you are reaching out to us.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, RhinoDragon said:

The support is absolutely brilliant!!!

Yes! When you post on the SOS board it's an "all hands on deck" situation. So anytime you need us, please wait for at least 3 responses...and surely your "craving" will subside by then.

• Like 6

Hello Rhino. Great work posting ? I've got a feeling you are going to do well. 

I used NRT early in my quit. Omg it helped so much. Patches and lozenges. Some might think that would be a bit of a backwards step, using nrt if you aren't already. My brain thinks like though, do whatever you goto do to not smoke! You are uk, right? I also got the weekly support from the pharmacy. That can he helpful checking in with someone, in person, weekly. 

If it's any consolation I'm back in bed also, Sundays should be chilled days ? 

• Like 5

So good you reached out, glad to hear it helped a bit. Each time you get through moments like this,  you are solidifying your quit :)

I read 'feeling sorry for myself'. I think we have all been there... but do know that, as hard as it may seem at times, you always have a choice to make this as comfortable as possible for yourself!

What would that be for you, any idea?

Take care and again, kudos for reaching out. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, RhinoDragon said:

So so D, thanks for asking.

Im jumping between ironing, tidying up, coming on here, feeling sorry for myself and so on.

The support is absolutely brilliant!!!

Rhino

We are all here to support each other.  Great job in reaching out during a tough time.  You are making it through the roughest days and believe us, things really do get a lot better with time.

I know you are going through an emotional roller-coaster.  This happens to most quitters early on.  Still, try not to feel sorry for yourself.  You are doing an awesome thing in quitting smoking.  It might not feel like it now but you are doing a great job.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, catlover said:

YouTube has some relaxing sleep music to chill out to. One I used to listen to was literally logs crackling on a log fire, sounds weird but it really helped me drift off to sleep. Rainforest sounds also make you feel very peaceful.

lots to read from Joel Spitzer, and of course come on here as much as you can, you will find it really helps you.

Catlover I will certainly try that later on... sounds perect full stop period ? thanking you

Rhino

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WeegieWoman said:

Hello Rhino. Great work posting ? I've got a feeling you are going to do well. 

I used NRT early in my quit. Omg it helped so much. Patches and lozenges. Some might think that would be a bit of a backwards step, using nrt if you aren't already. My brain thinks like though, do whatever you goto do to not smoke! You are uk, right? I also got the weekly support from the pharmacy. That can he helpful checking in with someone, in person, weekly. 

If it's any consolation I'm back in bed also, Sundays should be chilled days ? 

Thanks Weegie!Im cold turkying it

Tried before with nrt patches to be exact but it seem to make it worse for me somehow.

No your right use what works for you defo!

Back in bed lol ?? dont feel guilty now

Rhino

• Like 3