Wow...nearly six days

Sparkles

So I am less than two hours away from being 6 days into this quit.  In some ways it feels so insignificant when I think how long a quit I gave up last time, but hey ho, must carry on regardless.  Am finding this time a little harder because my life is such a bloody mess at the moment. But I'm doing my best to keep busy, I even cooked myself a healthy dinner tonight to make up for my awful day yesterday (although i did have a huge bar of chocolate earlier!). 

I also went to the animal refuge again.  This is a picture of me and a beauceron called Jude.  He's only four years old and nearly blind.  He has a genetic disease which means he will totally lose his sight eventually.  Sad thing is he has come in with his son and four daughters......they too are nearly blind.  But my, what beautiful souls they have. It bought tears to my eyes spending some time with them.  I know this is not smoking related per se, but it helps me to focus on something else.  :)

jude.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pumpkin said:

I also went to the animal refuge again.  This is a picture of me and a beauceron called Jude.  He's only four years old and nearly blind.  He has a genetic disease which means he will totally lose his sight eventually.  Sad thing is he has come in with his son and four daughters......they too are nearly blind.  But my, what beautiful souls they have. It bought tears to my eyes spending some time with them.  I know this is not smoking related per se, but it helps me to focus on something else.  :)

What a beautiful picture and what a beautiful  soul you are.  How can you go there and not bring them all home?    Helping others, including animals, always helps direct our attention away from our troubles.  

Six days is great.  Savor as much chocolate as you want. 

It is tough to go through struggles alone.  Please know we are here for you Pumpkin.    

• Like 4

Yes, giving your time at a place like this is not only a great distraction for you in the early days of your quit but so important to those animals who through no fault of their own find themselves in need of human companionship. You can provide food and water for animals but they all need that human connection - even cats who seem so independent most of the time.

Great work Pumpkin!!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RhinoDragon said:

its sort of inspiration plus satisfaction. Your not quitting alone ?

This is EXACTLY why I try to check in on everyone!! I don't want to be nosy and annoying (well...maybe.?) but it's because I care and I don't want someone to fall back into junkie thinking that cigarettes are their only friend. You have friends here, come here when times get tough. 

Your wins are our wins, your loss is hard on us, too...because we truly care about everyone on this train.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

This is EXACTLY why I try to check in on everyone!! I don't want to be nosy and annoying (well...maybe.?) but it's because I care and I don't want someone to fall back into junkie thinking that cigarettes are their only friend. You have friends here, come here when times get tough. 

Your wins are our wins, your loss is hard on us, too...because we truly care about everyone on this train.

Agree 100% - we hate to see people willingly jump off the train and yes; it's a conscious decision one makes to either continue their quit or go back to slowly killing themselves by smoking! If you truly WANT to quit and are having a hard moment - post up on the SOS page. That's what it's there for. You WILL get responses and fast. All you have to do is hang on for a few minutes and someone will give you some useful input. Can't count how many quits have been saved by SOS posts. Sadly, even more lost when no SOS is posted ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1