I've made up my mind....

I Got This (T)

Yup. It's official. Everyone in this ******* town KNOWS I quit smoking. Even total strangers. Even the people on tv ffs!! They ALL know!! And for whatever reason they are all purposely trying to irritate the hell out of me. They are all thinking " won't it be fun to try and make Mary crack!!??" Yup. Every. Last. One. Of. Them. ?

And I know what you're all thinking... you're thinking I'm just being super sensitive because I quit smoking. Nope. Not it at all. Clearly everyone just has it out for me.

Bastards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Not everybody.!!!!!!

You have a train full of supporters here...

This is YOUR Quit....who cares what other folks think...

There were shall I say..quite a few doubters when I quit this time...well i had quit that many times ..to them this was just another feeble attempt...

But it didn't matter....I was Quitting for me....not for them...

Just hang around here...we will always give you a well earned pat on the back ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

? Feelings, nothing more than feelings

Anger boiling in me

I want to punch their faces

(but i don't)

Woh-uhoh...

? Can't go to wal-mart; I'll get stuck behind an old fart

In a motorized fat cart....

Stop at a red light; give the finger to a hot wife

Her smoke is getting in my car!!

Feeelings..who-ooh-uhoh?

Can't take them out, but I can't hold them in!!

where oh where do I begin??...

(I don't know so...)

I'll just keep punching faces from within.?

(Insert glitter bomb here)

It's okay, (T)!! I had a huge anger problem when I first quit...sometimes I can still feel my blood pressure rise. 

Eat some chocolate, make sure you are giving yourself breaks (just to take a step back like you used to as a smoker just no cigarettes)

You got this, girl! 

• Like 4

Like Doreen said, you're quitting for YOU and a better future for you and your family. Screw anyone who threatens that in any way. They don't deserve your attention for 1 second. You need to expend all your focus, anger and joy on one thing alone. Getting yourself quit and staying that way. You KNOW you can do it! It's now just a matter of whether your commitment is iron-clad because you also know it must be to get you through to freedom.

• Like 4

Sorry you're having a rough patch I got this but it's totally normal for where you are in your quit and I promise you it will pass. AND like Doreen said you have a whole train behind you so when someone pisses you off just say "choo choo". It'll totally trip them out and maybe give you a giggle :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I remember thinking, 

'why did I not notice all these fcukers before ?

How have all these irritations been hidden from me all these years ? '

True, smoking masks a lot but, surely, not that much...gah.

I definitely blew my cool when I quit.

Even more when I quit caffeine !

Thankfully, it settles down and isn't right up in your face after a while.  lol.

Go down to the railroad tracks, wait for a train and practice your primal screaming.

Extremely therapeutic.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ooh, Mary.....Hell Week/Month! I remember it well....everything and everyone around me irritated the hell out of me....and I blasted them for it! ?

I was impossible to be around myself....but as Saz states above...it all settles down eventually! Deep breathing helped.....?

• Like 3

That's great! Sorry you have to deal with the crazies as part of your job. I'm sure a lot of them are smokers too. The rest of us can just avoid those types in the early days of our quits. You unfortunately can't. Extra challenge but you can handle it I'm sure :)  Don't forget to be extra kind to yourself in these early days too. You have extra on your plate at the moment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sazerac said:

I remember thinking, 

'why did I not notice all these fcukers before ?

Me too!  My husband used to point them out all the time and I always thought he was just a crabby old man.  Then, all of a sudden they started jumping out at me!

Well ten hour shift is enough to put you over the edge.  How do you do it!  

The first part of my quit, I wanted to strangle everyone.  Fortunately everyone survived!  

Hang in, you are doing great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are they scoffing at the fact that you quit?

Is it one of those rude things like, "Oh yeah, SURE you quit smoking. Huh huh huh"?

If so, let me tell you a little secret -

When we have an established quit, say a few months, we get to start talking shit :D

We get to be like, "So, I quit MY bad habit, when you gonna quit yours?"

If they are scoffing, then LET THEM SCOFF! It will be more motivation to flip nicotine the bird AND when you prove the naysayers wrong, they can no long mess with you.

BUT if it is just a matter of noticing what dipwads people really are - That partially passes but beware - people start driving a little worse every time someone quits nicotine.

• Like 3