3rd times a charm.....

I Got This (T)

Hey Girleen,

Welcome home.

A successful quit takes more than 'hope'

but, all that is required your personal commitment to NOPE.

This is all, a commitment to NOPE and you cannot fail.

we're here to help you in any way we can

so, stay close to the board and teach yourself again about your nicotine addiction.

• Like 5

Welcome back. No Hope - Just Nope..... You can do this. So this, which I consider my sticky quit is the the third time I've passed the one week mark.... third's the charm in my case.... it worked for me, lets make it work for you.

You now how important nope is.... you can do this sweetie.... fluids, blood sugar, distraction... you can do this.

• Like 2

Thanks all!! I feel stronger this time around. I'm rolling with it and all the ups and downs. Something feels different this time. This time I'm not so comfortable and gung ho in my quit... I feel I'm constantly walking on egg shells. But in a way it's a good thing.... I'm constantly reminding myself not to smoke.... that I don't smoke.... so far, little by little it's working.

• Like 6

Welcome (T)!! I've seen your face around and wondered what's up! (If you haven't been to stick of the day in a while...well, I'm sorry?)

You know the drill tho! Just have to keep on those junkie thoughts...hope to see you around the board!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, I Got This (T) said:

Ok. So here's to my final quit.... I hope...

Don't hope that it is your final quit.  Make it your final quit.

As you know, there is a lot of support here to help you quit for good.  Make the commitment, fight through the craves, and seek help here if needed.

I went through numerous short quits before quitting for good.  That cycle of quitting and relapsing really sucks.  Quit for good and you don't have to go through this again.

Congratulations on 8 smoke free days.  Keep up the great work.  You can quit for good this time.

• Like 2

I remember one of your quits was either the day before or the day after mine. We talked briefly about it, something about having seats right next to each other on the Quit Train.

You were one of the first people I remember seeing on here. You, Reci, Bakon, Doreen, couple others.

You mentioned in this thread about not feeling so comfortable and gung ho about this quit. I will tell you a little secret - My first few days I thought the same thing, "If I can stay quit, if I make it an entire month..." Things were easy for the first couple months but just about the three month mark, it was hell. I have NO clue why it took so long for the big battle to hit.

I was actually kind of surprised when you quit showing up here, supposedly relapsed. We quit about the same time and you were part of my inspiration to stay quit. It had been a few weeks and I thought, "Other people like this lady quit about the same time I did, so if she can do it, so can I." that might sound weird but it was honestly one of the things that helped my early days.

Because you helped me (whether you realized it or not) I need to ask - is there anything I can say or do that might give you some help?

My personal opinion is that if you made it an entire week, you can do this long haul. Nothing is as bad as the first few days. Well, you got past those so things are going well.

• Like 3