It's Been A Rough Month

JimHannoonen

Three weeks ago, our youngest Corgi, Callum fell ill and we had to rush him to the emergency vet. Turns out he has IHMA, a disease that makes his immune system mistakenly produce antibodies that attack his own red blood cells.

Long story short, he almost died, got a transfusion and now, three weeks (and about $6,000) later, he's on the mend.

All the while, my 14 old boy Tex, has been battling eye disease for about 1.5 years now and is on his last leg. We don't have much time left with him and that's killing me.

In the midst of all this, our other senior Corgi, Ginger had a seizure last Thursday and we had to put her down. There was no saving her...

Needless to say, things have been hard around here and we're struggling to cope, but if I had to find a silver lining, it's that I never -not once- even thought about smoking.

It never even crossed my mind, and if I can deal with all this, I can deal with anything. Smoke Free.

RIP Ginger

NOPE!

Ginger Sleeping.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

Sorry for your loss Jim.

It's great you have the pride of your freedom from bowing to your addiction to look to for comfort. I know the feeling as I too went through some stressful times this summer and never even considered lighting one up :)  It's great to reach that point in your quit!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, JimHannoonen said:

Three weeks ago, our youngest Corgi, Callum fell ill and we had to rush him to the emergency vet. Turns out he has IHMA, a disease that makes his immune system mistakenly produce antibodies that attack his own red blood cells.

Long story short, he almost died, got a transfusion and now, three weeks (and about $6,000) later, he's on the mend.

All the while, my 14 old boy Tex, has been battling eye disease for about 1.5 years now and is on his last leg. We don't have much time left with him and that's killing me.

In the midst of all this, our other senior Corgi, Ginger had a seizure last Thursday and we had to put her down. There was no saving her...

Needless to say, things have been hard around here and we're struggling to cope, but if I had to find a silver lining, it's that I never -not once- even thought about smoking.

It never even crossed my mind, and if I can deal with all this, I can deal with anything. Smoke Free.

RIP Ginger

NOPE!

Ginger Sleeping.jpg

Oh, Jim, I am so very, very sorry for all your pain and loss.  We had to say goodbye to our 18 year old Rory a month ago, and my heart is still breaking, and I cry each time I come in our home.  Lots of love, prayers, and understanding coming your way.  And, like you, the good news is that smoking never crossed my mind.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I am so sorry Jim.  I know your pain.  We lost both our Golden Retrievers within months of each other.  They are more than our pets.  We love them like our children.  Each and every one leave those prints on our hearts.  I hope your young one is finally on the mend and your senior leaves you with many more special moments.  

• Like 3

My condolences, Jim, on the loss of your beautiful corgi, Ginger.....treasure the memories. Sorry to hear your other two furbabies are having issues. Hopefully both will pull through to give you many more memories! It is a lot of heartache to deal with at one time....glad your quit held up successfully!!!

image.thumb.png.62cb339a6582bc0fa4ccb2be3b76ce1e.png

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 2