Good so far...

Parsley

Hubby and I...evening of day one of a vacation til Tuesday next week. Remember he still smokes....I am a new quit...

We are traveling in our motorhome.....drove all day...

And...We are golden..my craves are few....his smoking limited..

All good!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Hubby and I...evening of day one of a vacation til Tuesday next week. Remember he still smokes....I am a new quit...

We are traveling in our motorhome.....drove all day...

And...We are golden..my craves are few....his smoking limited..

All good!

You are doing so good girl.  It has got to be tough with your husband still smoking.  You are one determined lady.  Have a wonderful holiday.

• Like 2

Oh wauw! Whishing you beautiful  holiday moments. Smoking has no say in fun, relaxation, etc. Remember! You are going to do internal work, on both concious and unconcious levels. How awesome is that! Have fun over there :) 

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 3

We are currently in the beautiful hills of southern Missouri and a beautiful campground . I woke up early and took the dog for a nice long walk , used to sit around and smoke cigarettes instead ! I'm loving this so much better 

• Like 4

On 10/11/2018 at 8:31 AM, Parsley said:

the beautiful hills of southern Missouri and a beautiful campground

Soooo, how was it?

Tell me more, tell me more so I  can vacation vicariously thru you?

• Like 1

Ugi

This last post was one that didnt get sent...oops

Meanwhile ..

just got home tonight... about 2 hours ago...trip was great for the most part. Didnt care for Arkansas roads!

Saw alot of great sights, caves, meals, quiet times, people...ALL WITH NO SMOKING!!

Actually waaayyyy better with no smoking!

A great non smoking adventure!

Was on here reading when i could, no cell service most places

More to add tommorow....so tired..

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Parsley said:

Actually waaayyyy better with no smoking!

A great non smoking adventure!

Be still my beating heart!! 

It already sounds wonderful, Parsley! Get some rest and glad you made it home safe.

• Like 1

Way to go Parsley.  You are definitely a champion.  Hope your husband decides to hop on the train with you.  So glad you enjoyed your trip.  I love the time camping with my husband but it is quite cold where we are at and I hate the cold.  We are running the furnace and a portable heater and are still cold!

• Like 2

All these 1st time situations we face as non-smokers; seasonal changes, first family get together, first party or BBQ and vacations are experiences that help cement our permanent quits! That's why the 1 year commitment is SO important. After a full year, we experience most life situations that we used to relate to as smokers. Now, after that 1st year, you will have experienced them as a non-smoker. That's retraining our brain to function happily as a non-smoker.

Well done Parsley! Another new experience crossed of your quit list:)  

• Like 2