Day 1 Begins

Lilly

I was going to post at the end of Day 1 but I'm too excited. I've been quit for 34 whole minutes ????

How spooky that Reci answered my "panic post" literally one minute before my quit started ??

So yes the timeline was right. My hands are warm and my feet are like two oven baked potatoes. 

Oooh 40 minutes now ?? OK I promise not to count down the entire 24 hours!!

So far so good ?

• Like 11

I'm laughing at the starter kit because that's not far off what mine looks like ??

Thanks for cheering me on. It is so nice to have such great support. 

I think the excitement has worn me out a bit so I'm going to go to bed ?

One and a half hours already so by the time I get up I should be at least 10 hours in  ?

Night all. 

• Like 7

Goodnight Lilly, and congrats on day 1 :) Lets do this, be sure to post an SOS if you are even considering caving to a crave and wait for three responses. We will do everything in our power to get you through it :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2

You're on the road to a much better life Lilly. Keep marching, as Bakon would say! Freedom awaits. Just take things a day at a time for the first while. That's the way we all quit :), battling 1 crave at a time until we are free from them.

• Like 2

I had the best night's sleep ever last night. I think it's probably because it was the first night I hadn't gone to bed with my head full of "I need to quit" thoughts. 

I lay in bed for an hour before I felt brave enough to get up. Now I'm up I'm feeling a bit lost. I'm going to go back to bed as I feel safest there. 

I'm a bit sweaty (sorry for that image), my legs feel a bit shaky and my heart is racing like I've just had an enormous fright. On the positive side I'm not crying which I did a lot of last time. 

The plan today is to try and sleep as much as I can. It will pass the time hopefully. 

Tomorrow I'm off for my birthday week-end so at least I'll be busy for 3 days.

In half an hour I will be at the 12 hour mark. I have got sheets of paper in my quit box with the numbers 1-24 and every hour I cross off the hour I have completed. It felt good to cross off 9 hours in one go this morning. 

Will shout if I need you ?

Edited by Lilly
Punctuation
  • Like 5

@Lilly so good to visualize every conquered hour this first day! Whoáp, away with it!    

And don't worry about counting down till eternity... it simply won't go like that. But do enjoy the feeling! It's probably necessarry for where you're at right now :) 

• Like 3

Lily I love your humor.  You have your plan in action and I know you can stick to it this time. Counting down those first days are tough - minutes, hours and days just do not seem to go

fast enough.  I slept a lot too.  

I am so glad you are a part of the group now because together we are stronger.  We are her to cheer you on and support you all the way. You are on a good start so keep it going.  Shout out if you need us.  

• Like 3

Great job, Lilly.  Keep up the good cheer and keep reading, writing, snacking and napping!  Napping was my go-to activity the first few days, which isn't as rewarding if you're an insomniac like me, but being able to sleep away even a few of the early minutes helped them add up a little faster.   You'll be well rested for your big birthday celebration weekend.  Early Happy Birthday to you! 

image.png

• Like 4

Thanks for the posts and the cake is making me drool. 

I slept through most of Day 1 but made it into Day 2. 

I feel completely out of it. If you've ever had an operation you will know that awful feeling as you come round. I feel like that every minute. I don't know if I'm capable of putting my own shoes on the right feet this morning. 

Today I'm off for my birthday so won't post again until Monday. Have a lovely weekend everyone. ?

Edited by Lilly
Spelling
  • Like 4