Tuesday 9th October 2018

Cbdave

Greetings NOPErs... so I have come to the conclusion that the 9th of any month shall have at least 9 special days and at least two of them shall be worthwhile of a shout out.... I really wanted to talk about Ada Lovelace Day, Lord Byron's daughter and the first computer programmer who was leading the way a centuary before Alan Turing, one has to wonder what the world would have been if cancer hadn't taken her at 36.... then it would be remiss of me to not point out for @jillar, @reciprocity and all the other's with taste deficits that today is Beer & Pizza Day.... the official day where you should be enjoying both of these items together... me I shall pass because I'm anaphylactic to hops and pizza is cak.... but if you like beer and pizza have at it..... so what day am I going to shine the NOPE spotlight on for today..... it is World Face Your Fears Day.... and I'm shining a light on this because for many of us the fear of the unknown and the fear of failure (especially for those who had failed before) were a big road block in the way of us finally making the decision to quit. I had many fears coming into this quit, still do, the biggest one being I will throw this away... I'm reasonable sure I wont but I have before so the fear is there... that said every day I face that fear and beat it.... I was petrifide of trying to quit again before this time, terrified I would fail and for historical reasons honestly fearful quitting smoking would make me sick (how ironic) and make me die... guess what I faced those fears and I am doing just fine. So if you floating and thinking of quitting or having another attempt.... don't let fear stop you.... give it a try... best thing you will do.

Photo-May-09-7-52-35-PM.jpg

NOPE ... nothing to fear, face it, its irrational but there is so much to gain.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4