I messed up

Evelyn

Didn't post an SOS just couldn't resist and smoked 3. I hate to post this here but I blew it.

Tomorrow - it's evening here - I start from scratch

So sorry to disappoint all of you AND myself

First, thank you for posting and not walking away.

Second, what did you learn?

Third, how can we help you get back to your quit, and how can we help you stay with your quit?

• Like 3

First, thank you for posting and not walking away.

Second, what did you learn?

Third, how can we help you get back to your quit, and how can we help you stay with your quit?

Exactly what TAC said. 

Don't worry about disappointing us. We're here to support you, regardless of what happens.

What can you take from this? Really evaluate why this happened and what you can do next time.

• Like 1

Hi Evelyn,

I am going through the same struggle- today is my first day again.  You will find your way on this journey as will I.  In the beginning it seems like we are hopping off the train quite frequently.   Pretty soon we are going to be enjoying the ride so much that there is

no way we will hop off.   

• Like 2

How do you feel about your failure?  Use that for motivation.

Get up...dust yourself off and quit jacking around... besides...this is your life we are talking about.

Quitting smoking is momentarily uncomfortable... get strong and get through it....it will not kill you.. but cigs will.

• Like 2

Oh dear Evelyn... and no SOS :(

I see that you committed to NOPE earlier too. For me committing to NOPE is absolutely a promise to myself that there is no chance of smoking that day - taking it off the table. In the early days sometimes I waited to post because I wasn't sure if I would be able to stick to it. I always did it eventually and here I am. Please take smoking off the table each day by commuting a sticking to your NOPE.

You can do this if you take it a day at a time and promise to post an SOS if needed.

I still believe in you

• Like 3

Do you want to quit? What inside you tells you? You have to fully commit to quitting,and most of that comes from mental commitment.... that's the only way you will succeed. There is no "middle", you either quit or you don't, there can't be " I quit smoking for 3 days, a month, 4 months so it's ok if I have a few".... doesn't work that way... You may think I am harsh, but I am very serious about quitting, that is why we are here supporting, giving our time to help keep people accountable. Do some soul searching, write down reason why you can't quit, and then make a list of reason why you WANT TO QUIT. You won't always feel this way, you need patience, control, diligence, and a no exceptions mind set. We are all proof, it can be done, and it DOES get easier, but you have to work hard in the beginning to get to that point... the easy way is to give in to the addiction..nothing worth fighting for comes easy... this is a life lesson...I hope you find your sticky quit soon!

• Like 1

My excuse was the emptyness: and I DO want to quit

More excersise if possible, more posting on the forums, more distraction

And NOPE no matter what

No matter what, that really is the only way Evelyn.

Have a great day and keep yourself busy xx

Evelyn - I am glad you have posted and decided to try again - but you really have to want to quit more than you want to smoke . We are here to support you but only you can do this - commit to Nope and we will all be there to hold your hand !

• Like 1