Notsmokinjo is 10 Months Smoke Free Today!!!

jillar

Wow, A birthday and 10 months being smoke free Jo, you're doing this in style...

An absolutely grateful thank you for your support.

Wishing you good health, happiness and moments that turn into memories this year and every year. And yes, happy 10th!!!

• Thanks 1

OK so ten month update.... So I have quit, I don't smoke.... my issues now are silly and pedantic... I'm not comfy with the term quitting, because that isn't right, the moment I had that last smoke I quit... so I choose not to smoke because I have quit..... that's it done... but yeah-nah-kinda-sorta meh .... for health reasons I wont be playing softball this season but we had our pre-season tournament last weekend and I went down to watch me mates... so when I watch softball I would usually smoke 4-5 ciggies a game....most people at softball smoke... most of me mates smoke and it was awful... I didn't want one, wasn't tempted... actually had to physically prevent myself from scrunching up my nose at the foul smell. .... then there were the ones who were shocked I still don't smoke and spent the day offering me smokes... like I was some school kid who would bow to peer pressure... It was actually really sad... BUT.... the positives... I was not tempted, I did not even consider it, I was physically repulsed.... Actually that past month... best not smoking month ever... better than all the months before... and better than every single month of that huge quit I tossed away years ago... don't get me wrong I know I still have to actively nope, I now that I am just one puff away from a pack a day... always will be... but I feel like this is a done deal now... I feel confident.... I feel secure... and it is at this point that I need to thank my cheer squad... I have to thank those who make me laugh (endorphins are an awesome natural high... so much better than nicotine crap).... thank those who talk me out of my crazy (you know who you are oh wise sage ones).... those who put up with my crazy... playing hide and seek with much loved (by some threads), shit stirin me mates cos I'm in a mood.... thank those who listen to me whinge and whine and moan and groan... you fellas all deserve frickin medals.

So a few of you have thanked me for supporting others around the boards... I think you need to all take a look in the mirror... I don't do anything not everyone one of you hasn't done at least once... I had to learn that shit from somewhere... pretty sure its the example of all the old phartes ahead of me.... I love that you guys thank me... but seriously we are a team and almost to a person we are all here putting in what we can, when we can because someone did that for us at some point in our journey... that's why we are succeeding... all of us... because there is a give and a take.... so thank you for my double digit woohoos... love every single one of them... and thank you all for proping up my ego so I believed I had the strength to do this... because you were all right, I do, I have, I will and I am.

thanks13.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3