Farmgirl is 9 Months Smoke Free!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @farmgirl on being smoke free for 9 whole months.

Well done on reaching the 75%er club and being 3/4ers of the way to your first year of freedom. You are doing so well Farmgirl. I hope you have settled into the new routine with the kids back at school and 'play dates' with your friends have eased the boredom and loneliness. I know you had some home projects on the go so I hope they are coming along well. I love your sentiments, it doesn't matter how much I want to smoke I am never quitting again... great words to live by. So make sure you reward yourself for this achievement and pop in to let us know that things are easing up, we worry.

birthday-candle-cupcake-number-nine.gif

• Like 3

Hey all, 

Things are generally good.  I can't say I don't have any thoughts about smoking.  A few days ago, I had a short fantasy of smoking at a bonfire.  But I don't smoke, so... I see people smoke and I feel bad that they have to feed the addiction.  They don't look ecstatic to be smoking, which is how I envision myself in my fantasy, so it's an obvious reminder that the fantasy is a farce.

I tell myself, "you don't smoke now that you're 40."  And remind myself that i no longer worry about coughs and shortness of breath  (which, in reality, just leaves more mind space to worry about other things).

I've been running and biking, doing one or the other everyday.  Last week i ran 8 miles with friends with ease,  and the half-marathon bug has bit me again, so there's a tentative challenge.   I'm starting to lose a few lbs of the 5 I gained when I quit, and find it so interesting  because I read that it does take 9 months to a year for your metabolism to sort itself out.  I think it's also because the kids are back to scgo and I don't tend to eat a big lunch or breakfast when they aren't around.

So, all is good.  This quit is real and it's not over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, farmgirl said:

Hey all, 

Things are generally good.  I can't say I don't have any thoughts about smoking.  A few days ago, I had a short fantasy of smoking at a bonfire.  But I don't smoke, so... I see people smoke and I feel bad that they have to feed the addiction.  They don't look ecstatic to be smoking, which is how I envision myself in my fantasy, so it's an obvious reminder that the fantasy is a farce.

I tell myself, "you don't smoke now that you're 40."  And remind myself that i no longer worry about coughs and shortness of breath  (which, in reality, just leaves more mind space to worry about other things).

I've been running and biking, doing one or the other everyday.  Last week i ran 8 miles with friends with ease,  and the half-marathon bug has bit me again, so there's a tentative challenge.   I'm starting to lose a few lbs of the 5 I gained when I quit, and find it so interesting  because I read that it does take 9 months to a year for your metabolism to sort itself out.  I think it's also because the kids are back to scgo and I don't tend to eat a big lunch or breakfast when they aren't around.

So, all is good.  This quit is real and it's not over.

This is great news, Farmgirl.

Congratulations on your 9 months of freedom.