Lust4Life is 2 Years Smoke Free!

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @Lust4Life for being smoke free for 2 whole years!

Well done on having such a wonderful quit. So take a seat on your new, 2 year old pharte recliner and hunt out one of the other pharts for the key to the secret 2nd level. Let us know how you are celebrating and also how it feels to be 2 years free.

anniver.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your second year smoke free Lust :) I'm so glad that we've shared this journey as fellow butt kickers, class of 2016! Your support for everyone has been so appreciated so thank you.

Now drinks are in the bar and here's a little sneak peak at the dj I've hired for your party

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Have a great day! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

L4L I think of you like one of the QSMB babies and I am seeing you reach your 2 year birthday.?

Great job on your two years smoke free!! I hope you are having  a great day!

image.png

image.png

Edited by Avian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All! Thank you so much for the kind words! Level 2 of the Lido is pretty swanky!  I would not be sailing up here if not for the support from my fellow quitters at QSMB and then QT.  So- THANK YOU! 

The benefits and joys of keeping the quit continue to surface in unexpected situations. I am not startled by them.  They are welcomed. I feel like my mind and body are giving me spontaneous high-fives and hugs.  Lord knows I deserve it after enduring those hellish first weeks!! 

In early September 2016 -before I quit for good- I went on vacation w my family.  The itch to sneak away every few hours really stole precious time I could’ve spent with my kid.   Not just the time to get to the smoking spot- had to chain smoke 2 cigs, then find the nearest restroom to wash my hands and face and gargle mouthwash. The whole ritual of the closet smoker. We have since returned to the same vacation spot - I saw the same torment in the eyes of smokers. I watched them slither away behind the bushes and light their poison with trembling hands.   Sometimes, their kids sat with them on the bench - or stayed in their strollers. Babies taken from the excitement of the amusement park to suffocate in the filthy haze that feeds their parents.   

I am so glad it wasn’t me. 

Some of my friends still smoke. I said from the beginning I would not be a bitchy or evangelical ex-smoker.  When we’re out to dinner, I recognize when their withdrawals start to kick in. I let them know I’ll be fine at the table- and to go ahead and go outside.  They come back more stinky than when they left - but are able to focus on the conversation and meal rather than their fix.  Despise the addiction, not the addict. 

I am so glad that isn’t me. 

I am so glad to be here celebrating 2 years of smobriety with my fellow quitters and lurkers! 

KTQ and keep your lust for life by NOPE!! 

—L4L

2016 Buttkicker! 

Edited by Lust4Life
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2