Monday 24th September 2018

Cbdave

Good morning fellow NOPErs. Today is one of my favourite days of the whole, entire year and starts my absolute favourite week of the year.. the last Monday is September is Brownlow Medal Count Day.... its the second biggest day in the footy (Aussie Rules) calendar where we get to watch 22 rounds of 3-2-1 votes be counted for a total of 198 games to find out which player was competitions Best & Fairest.... who doesn't like a prize that goes out to the fairest player not just the most talented. They also award best goal, mark. rookie, and there is an award for the player who gives the most back to the community. I fricking love Brownlow night... the kid likes the pre-brownlow red carpet for all the wags in their fancy dresses but pfft, give me the count..... Well lets be honest its the only chance my club has of winning anything worthwhile because even if we make the grandfinal and haven't dropped a game all year we will still loose it (yep another long season as cellar dwellers).. so the hot money is on one of the boys from Hawthorn (yes Doreen I'll post a pic) and the likely outside is one of the Blues but I don't think so, I think the surprise upset might be one of the Melbourne boys.. and we are in with a chance for the winner on numbers being inellegible cos he was naughty and broke someones jaw with his fist..... There were some official days, Cherries Jubilee (blurgh), Punctuation day (like I could ever give that a shout out) ... but this is a purely selfish shout out, which will mean nothing to anyone not in Victoria, oh OK in an AFL state... but bestest day of the whole year, even better than Christmas Day and Granny Day.

So.... will I ever win a Charlie, NOPE, did I have a son who could win won... NOPE... do I live with the hope that I will have a Grandson who could win won... hell to the yeah! .. and me little nephew is looking promising, he already plays competition 2 age groups up in U14s (he's 9) .... But he will have to N.O.P.E. to get there, need a lot of lung capacity to run a footy oval for 2 hours....

giphy.gif

NOPE ... cos lung capacity needs to be cherished. 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Nope because I am beginning to love myself and realize my worth!

Isn't it funny how the nicotine fogs your self image and makes you feel not worthwhile... it was a great surprise blessing of saying NOPE each day to realise I had worth.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 6