New To This Forum!!!!

MwBenson

Hello everyone my name is mark i am new yo trying this online support thing while quitting. I am not sure the views of people on this forum but I chose to use NRT patches on this quit. I know that means im still addicted to nicotene but i want to give myself ample time away from the habit of smoking before the end of the patches to reprogram my thought pattern!! So far I just reached 30days without a cigarette or vape etc. Using the 21mg 24hour patches! Hopefully this is acceptable in this forum :)

• Like 8

Welcome MwBenson and congratulations on 30 days smoke free. That's awesome :) We have lots of members who have successfully quit with the help of NRT's so no shame in that game, it's all about whatever works for you :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Welcome, MwBenson !

Congratulations on quitting smoking !

THERE IS NO WRONG WAY TO QUIT SMOKING !

Use whatever method works for YOU, we will support you in any way we can.

There are successful quitters here who quit with the patch,

and they will have more tailored information for you.

30 days is a big accomplishment, now you know how powerful you are !

Learn all you can about nicotine addiction and you will be well armed

for the next phase of your quit.

I am glad you chose us, we are a great support system

and there is all sorts of information on the site.

Please avail yourself to all we have to offer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello and a huge welcome...

Congrats on your wonderful 30 day quit...all roads lead to Rome.....

Never stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it...this is the key to quitting for good....

Please have a good look around this place....it's magical....

There is plenty of useful info and video,s on the main page....

Let's make this your sticky....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Let's make this your sticky....

What is a sticky?????

Thank you to everyone for the welcome This seems like a great community and I have watched a few of those videos but sounds like there is a ton to explore on here in addition to the community as well :)

• Like 5

Welcome aboard the QTrain, MwBenson! I used NRT to achieve my quit , many of us here did and still do! Read, read, read all you can here so you will understand your addiction and be better prepared to never surrender your sticky quit! One day at a time.... ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard MwBenson, glad to have you along on this journey.  30 days with no smokes is awesome, congrats on that.  NRT has helped many people quit, to me whatever helps you quit and stay quit is good.  Come here often and remember to do the daily NOPE, it really helps!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MwBenson said:

Thank you!!! Very excited to be smoke free again i have quit for a year and a half before after patches but I need to not take another puff no matter what this time!

Welcome and good for you! Knowing what was your undoing last time is key to making this one life long. If you quit before you know the drill so let's get this done!

Joining a group like this is surprisingly helpful, as I found out a little over a year ago. Participate often and educate yourself about this addiction. Quitting with patches is fine if it works for you. The only rule in this quitting process is to never take another puff; which you have already identified.

Welcome aboard. Be sure to post up your NOPE every day on the NOPE page!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes! Pledging your NOPE to not only yourself but to others as well helps keep you focused each day and ..... that's all you need to worry about - today! Tomorrow and the day after will come regardless. Don't worry about them until they are here :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3