7:30 pm quit

Kdad

Hang tough Kdad, You are in the 4th day now and pretty soon you'll be able to say that you've been quit for a week.

Make yourself one of the quit tickers to keep an eye on. It may sound silly but it's really therapeutic for me to check my ticker and see how many cancer sticks I've avoided sucking into my lungs and being a notorious cheapskate, I can see how much money I'm not setting on fire too.?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kdad said:

Day 3 almost over. Worst day yet! Tired, foggy, can't think straight, want to rage at something, crawl under a rock... blah, blah, blah. This sucks. I'm doing it though. Thanks for the comments!! :) 

You will have good days and bad days, stay vigilent.

Give your body time to heal.

Here is a post about The Great Smoke Free Brain Fog

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kdad said:

Wooaah. Bad craving. Fantasising about driving to the gas station. I won't let the images develop! Afraid that if I really think about it I will give up.

You are more powerful than any damn crave, Kdad, and craves are not commands.

Force yourself to think of something pleasant or as @Whispers says, 'move a muscle, change a thought'

You quit smoking.  Those days are over.

Begin to embrace the new, it won't be gnarly long.

• Like 2

Get mad at your addiction Kdad! Commit to beating the shite out of it :) 

That's the best thing you can do to get even because the addiction thinks it can control YOU! 

We all know .... that's NOT the case. That has been going on way too long - right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kdad said:

Day 4 and still going strong. Things seem to be better but the desire to go to the gas station keeps cropping up. I feel more normal physically.

You have conditioned yourself for how many years to go to the gas station and buy cigs? It takes a while to break free from those old established thought processes. Be patient and just go with the flow until you don't even think about those old, long established thoughts. It's the addiction still talking to you. Don't listen to it because you are now smoke-free! :) 

• Like 5

Yea @Kdad those urges are strong in the beginning but they will get weaker with each passing day. I stayed close to home my first month or two and only ventured out when my never smoked hubby could go with me because I didn't trust myself!

Another thing that helped me was knowing that I could smoke, I just chose not to! :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kdad said:

Pretty good. Used to going outside for a smoke so I'm just going out for fresh air.

Ahhhh!  The elixer of oxygen !

Let us know if you have concerns or questions.

We might be able to point you in the right direction.

Otherwise,  you will get stronger every crave you beat.

Don't forget to reward yourself !

Your brain is commencing to rewire, your lungs have begun their repair.

It is really amazing to me how resiliant our bodies are.

After so many years of poisoning ourselves, our bodies recover in relatively short time.

So, be patient.  The healing has begun.

Edited by Sazerac

A belated welcome aboard Kdad.  Congratulations on making a great choice.

Those thoughts of driving to the gas station and buying a pack of smokes are just that, thoughts.  Thoughts have as little or as much power as we give them....they come and go.  Your commitment to freedom from cigarettes is infinitely more powerful than any passing thought.

6 hours ago, Kdad said:

Pretty good. Used to going outside for a smoke so I'm just going out for fresh air.

Fresh air and freedom...A fine combination!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kdad said:

Hello @c9jane29! Everything is going well. I feel like I am grieving the loss of the me that smoked. Sad lately. Oh well, at least I can say NOPE!

Remember your rewards!! It really does help reinforce the good behaviors...and tell yourself "I've earned this for xx days smoke free...for doing xxx and not thinking about smoking." 

Good to hear from you :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...