7:30 pm quit

Kdad

Hey all. Quit today after 14 years and many attempts. But feeling optimistic. Feels different this time. Already had some cravings and I stayed present and rode it out. Many cravings seem to be about not being able to handle future anxiety so staying in the moment helps. Been checking out this forum for a few days. Glad to be here!

• Like 11

Congrats Kdad and welcome to the Quit Train. Just worry about the now... There us no point wasting any energy stressing about tomorrow or regretting yesterday. Yesterday is done and dusted, you can't go back and change things so learn from them and move on...and tomorrow, its always just a day away. 

Stay close, read heads in the smoking forums or come play the games to keep your mind of the craves.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard kdad. Settle in and make yourself at home. Read a lot, post as much as useful. I still find the daily nope pledge helpful, you may want to consider that. I strongly recommend that you post a preresponse to yourself in the SOS forum as a reminder of all the good things you are looking to achieve through quitting. 

• Like 3

Hi Kdad! Great move to quit this horrible addiction. Your personal commitment to yourself is what will carry you through the tough early days when that addiction is screaming to be fed. Stay strong and just know that each battle you fight and win against this addiction makes you stronger and the addiction weaker. You too can break free of this addiction if you want it bad enough. Just remember N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) :) 

• Like 4

Hi Kdad! You feel motivated and excited? Quitting really is the best thing you can do! It's a second chance... a lot of us discovered a whole new "us" on our journey. 

Quitting is as easy (or hard) as you want it to be...you stop putting cigarettes in and let the NOPE out?

• Like 3

Kdad welcome aboard, glad to have you along on this journey.  Many people here will help you along the way (though at times it seems to get a bit weird but you will get use to it).  Plenty here to learn but pledging NOPE every day really does help!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the board, Kdad.  I had a number of short quit attempts as well.  Getting support and educating myself about the nature of nicotine addiction really helped me quit for good.  That support and education can be found here and can really help you too.

Remember, you are doing a great thing by quitting smoking.  There is nothing positive that comes from smoking, it is all negative. 

Quitting smoking is challenging but is an incredibly positive life change.  You are doing a great thing by quitting.

Day 2 in the books!!!! Was distracted by work most of the day but suddenly there would be an urge to go smoke, strong but brief. Part of me just wants to laugh at how ridiculous it is but it is life or death serious. Odd. Keep rooting for me! Thanks for all the great comments!!!!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kdad said:

Still here and not smoking!!!

excellent news, Kdad !

10 hours ago, Kdad said:

Day 2 in the books!!!! Was distracted by work most of the day but suddenly there would be an urge to go smoke, strong but brief. Part of me just wants to laugh at how ridiculous it is but it is life or death serious. Odd. Keep rooting for me! Thanks for all the great comments!!!!

Soon, much of the poison will be gone from your body.

Stay focused and protect your quit.

You are a hero to yourself and to us, you quit smoking !

• Like 1

Day 3 almost over. Worst day yet! Tired, foggy, can't think straight, want to rage at something, crawl under a rock... blah, blah, blah. This sucks. I'm doing it though. Thanks for the comments!! :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1