New quitter

TobacNO

TobacNo, you're doing awesome.

At day 3, you've gone through ALL your daily triggers and beaten them down 3 times already.  Things like the morning coffee and smoke, get in car and smoke, lunch smoke, etc etc.

You will still need to face them down a few times plus also face the occasional triggers like travel, bad news, etc.  Just keep doing what you're doing.

Come here often, pledge NOPE and promise to post an SOS if you feel a crave you need help with.  SOS really works and has saved many a quit.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, TobacNO said:

Still hanging in there and ready to put day 3 in the win column.

Great job TobacNO.

The wins add up and the benefits of quitting accumulate with time.

Congratulations and enjoy the ride.

I remember the time warp,  @TobacNO

craves seemed endless but, in reality they were only a few minutes long.

It is great you are feeling some relief, you will begin to feel better and better....just keep your focus.

You are doing really great !  Holler if you need anything.

S

your handle is very clever, 'TobacNO'

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 3

I read on another thread,

"On day 12 I forgot to put on a nicotine patch and didn't have any bigger cravings than normal so I haven't put one on since"

This is splendid news @TobacNO !  I am really happy to hear that you are no longer administering nicotine to your body.

Now, the real healing begins.

Congratulations on your quit !

This really made my day, baby.  

Watch your blood sugar, drink water and fruit juice.

Soon all that poison will be gone forever.

• Like 1

I too remember in the early days of my quit, a day seemed like a whole week. It was if time was almost standing still!

Not sure why. Maybe just because of sensory overload? It was brutal. That and the seething anger/frustration I felt boiling up inside me almost constantly. 

It was pure luck that I didn't do harm to any poor unsuspecting person during my early quit days :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Seems so long ago now. It's hard to think about those days now that it's a distant memory but it was very real for a time.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...