Hi Everyone

Matt

Hello Everyone,

Just saying hi to everyone.  I just started my quit today.  I've quit before and always went back, but  I am determined to stay quit this time for my health and my wife and son.  I'm just tired of coughing, smelling like smoke, and being short of breath all the time.  Plus the cost is ridiculous!

I hope I can get some help along the way as well as offer it.  This is one instance where I want to be a quitter!

Hope to see everyone on the forums!

Matt

• Like 10

You CAN be successful quitting for life if you want it badly enough. Think about why you went back to smoking in past quit attempts and be prepared to do something different this time around. You will get a lot of support here and that will help but as Bakon said above .... education about this addiction is key as is committing to the NOPE principal every day (Not One Puff Evere!). No such thing as "just one puff" for a quitter :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 7

Welcome Matt and congratulations on quitting smoking.

It is one of the very best decisions you will ever make in your life.

Be extra kind to yourself.

You may find this post helpful

10 Ways To Effectively Use This Forum

Remember, a crave is not a command and every crave you conquer will re-route your brain.

Stay close, there are lots of successful quitters who will help you along the way.

S

• Like 6

Hey Matt! What a great day to quit! I hope you feel excited to finally be free from nicotine addiction! 

Make plan to get thru the next few days; I made a quit list (it's still on my fridge to this day)

Quitting doesn't have to be sad or hard...if you educate yourself you will find that you are not powerless in your addiction; you have all the power, mindset, willpower, education...like a warrior to battle; line your armor, sharpen your sword and battle on!

• Like 5

Welcome Matt.  Congratulations on deciding to quit and joining this wonderful support group.  Just read all the information, watch videos and reach out to the members for help.

Yes, deep breath - it becomes such a wonderful feeling without the smoke.  

hooray-your-here-welcome-to-team-awesome.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Welcome to QuitTrain, Matt.  Quitting smoking is an incredible thing to do and I'm glad you've decided to make this big change.

There's a lot of support and advice here.  Feel free to reach out if you need it.

It is good to have you here.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Matt. One day at a time and believe me you can do this. We here are no different than you and have no special gift for kicking the addiction except we finally had enough of it. There will be tough times so hang close and ask for help when you need it but you can do this. The wife and son are major reasons. Maybe grandchildren down the road? Hang in there and stay strong. In no time smoking will be like a bad dream. If you want the quit just take it one day at a time. Best wishes and hope to see you around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1