Day 1 Again

NikM14

Hi Nik and welcome to Quit Train! You have received a lot of great advice already so I won't repeat it. From your description of reasons for quitting, breaking free from the slavery of being a nicotine addict sounds like it's a big one for you. Doing crazy things you wouldn't normally do just to feed your addiction is common for all of us. I have found the freedom from this after I quit to be the most enjoyable benefit. No longer have to worry about all that crazy stuff :) Join us quitters and break free!

• Like 1

Hi NikM14 and welcome to QTrain! ? Took me 3 tries before my sticky quit stuck.....and I used NRT, too! Your health and your family are great reasons to want to quit. Read all you can here to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and participate here....

Remember 2 things:

1. NOPE every day 

2. One day at a time 

• Like 1

Sorry you're not sleeping well. It's not unusual in the early days of your quit. Have you eliminated caffeine from your diet? If not try that, it may help. Drink fruit juice too, It helps with your blood sugar levels which may help your sleep pattern. In any case, the sleep issue won;t last forever. Quitting smoking is worth dealing with some temporary inconveniences :)  

Sleeplessness is very common; I learned not to force trying to sleep or I would lie there getting madder and madder...but, like a true newborn in my quit, I slept when I could, ate when I wanted, cried if I needed. 

Take it slow and go easy on yourself. 

5 hours ago, NikM14 said:

Good morning, had a shit sleep again. Last night but determined to get through this so I do t have to doit again.

I'll check back In later.

Stay close.  We have a slew of successful quitters and all the information you need.  Please use the information to arm yourself.

Congratulations on your quit.  Stay with it, it will get better.  I promise.

If it didn't get better....nobody would quit so, as Sarge says, 'Embrace The Suck'

because you are stronger than your addiction, stronger than any damn crave.