The QT Gallery

notsmokinjo

1 hour ago, WeegieWoman said:

Oooo check you jo! They are GREAT! Is it tricky to draw on that material? Was it just pens you used? 

A little bit, you need to be careful because after the colours dry (which is really quick) you can lift the other colour off... but its not super hard. I just used Sharpies ... that is a brand of permanent markers, not sure if they are everywhere as Sharpies is the brand. Some of the colours were Bic Mark It permos... but again not sure if that is an international name. I did use some cheapy ones from the $2 shop but they took longer to dry and were smudgy if I didn't wait a bit. Normal texta pens (felt tips) wont work because they are water based inks so they don't stick to the plastic. Here are sharpies:

item_XL_22888494_35695921.jpg

The metallics take a while to dry too. Oh and you need to have white paper behind where you are working. If you google sharpie sandwhich bags you will get heaps of ideas.  I just googled inspirational quotes then did a picture to match.

So far I am enjoying physio, even if I am sore after the hour and have been having cramps this arvo... Its good to do the work and have something to show for it.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bakon said:

Why not paper? Not saying these are bad, but window licking is more fun with fresh flavor sprayed on it. 

Cos my junior window licker doesn't like to have her lunch in paper bags... the plastic zip lock ones make her sangas taste better... I spose in her little mind its better to drown a fish than it is to kill a tree.

• Confused 1

I love my water colour pencils... they are really fun and great for out and about too... I let my water paints slide for years because the pencils were so much easier, especially with little fingers wanting to play so I am having fun re-exploring them.

I'm ready to start playing with eyes... I love doing eyes... if I am not doing geometric doodles I usually doodle eyes... so there could be some interesting things come out of this.

@Sazerac , the graphite pencils with a hit of colour that are similar to the water colour pencils are brilliant to play with. I'm glad youy are loving the water colour pencils, they really are lots of fun.

• Like 1