The QT Gallery

notsmokinjo

You should do more @Tammy ... more classes as not wasting money on stinky smoke rewards... you did a wonderful job and I am so glad you enjoyed the experience. I have been painting up a storm... just have trouble finishing what I start... but I will... because I have to work on these things.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tammy said:

Is Weedy woven??? Can't make out, but amazing and loving those eyes.

Weedy was crocheted. I crochet (blankets), lovely in winter to do on the train, and I was crocheting on the train one morning and the young girl opposite (who was from India) said, "Oh, Indian knitting I have not seen that since my grandma passed".... so then we chatted until my stop.

• Like 4

Aah, yeah "Indian knitting", Crochet is almost a lost art, but I used to be fascinated myself when I travelled and saw someone knitting. The speed with which those needles would weave in and out, the patters coming to life, the colours, it was mesmerising.

Amazing that you can crochet blankets, I'm sure they must be custom made as per what your family needs...how cool is that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aawww thanks catlover.. Yeah it's stitched I used to do a lot of cross stitch.. not so much these days but I taught the kids and they made some of the pockets too .. I will admit there were tears at times and not from them..??.. So its a proper family made sweety calendar.. 

• Like 2

Myself, after A couple days without a shower, I can draw flies, but that’s the extent of my abilities! ?... 

however, my daughter (Jenni) has amazing talents... she prefers water colors, but does do some acrylic pieces now and then. Here is a couple of my favorites... 

B975EADD-F3FD-4C37-BCC6-648A08DAB3DE.jpeg

76699795-95AC-4769-B8A6-8E5601981BBA.jpeg

4106B015-F549-47EA-B95A-67003ABDF992.jpeg

4FDAB83A-8275-4A73-8F27-80378E287384.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Those are beautiful Joe, what talent your daughter has. My sister is the artist in our family :) 

This is one of her son on my parent's dock when he was about five

Grandpa & Grandma's Dock2.jpg

Edited by jillar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Thank you notsmokinjo I would share some, but my photo devices or my browser doesn't seem to like me copying and transferring. I tried with a photo from u-tube and it didn't take properly. I will experiment some more later on. What Browser or what photo app do you use?

• Like 1

@forestgreen ...I use my mobile but for photos I do what Jillar said. To post from you tube I click on the YouTube share arrow, then click copy then just past it....for pics from a Google search I open the pic in a new window, then I copy the address in the address bar and then I paste it.

• Like 1

Thanks.  Some of my pics or I should say all of my pics are on photo shop and its a devil of a job unless I drag them only. I will try another way but when I hit "choose files" my work is not included unless I drag and drop. I did something with u tube the other day, and it only came across with a very small emblem and a link I think it was. so u-tube is not right either. I will try to do one today from photo shop into this section. Thanks again. We (I mean I ) are not very compatible with digital display unless its directly from my camera on my I phone. I use a proper camera and then distribute over my computer for storage mainly, but some promotion. That's why I

am totally confused.  I will sort it out though. Thanks again

Forestgreen, on my kindle if I'm copying a YouTube video I bring up the video and then copy from the browser address bar and come here and paste and it works every time so you might want to try that too :)

• Like 1