Can't do this.....

Parsley

Why? Give me 5 reasons why you can't do this? Tell me right now and I'll tell you why they are not true. 

You know that voice in your head telling you can't do this.... bullshit!

You are the only who can do this. It might feel like you can't but I promise you, you can. I thought I couldn't... didn't even want to try because I just didn't have it in me, it was too hard, I was too weak.... sweetie that's just junky talk.

NOW, tell me 5 reasons you don't want to smoke. 

@Parsley ... promise me you wont do anything until at least 5 other people, besides my crazy arse, have come in to talk this out.... just give me that promise... 5 smarter and wiser people than me... can you do that.... it wont take long, you post it (sos) and they will come.... we always do... please just promise me that.

• Like 9

OK... so let me tell you why you can @Parsley ... remember how you felt when you went hiking with your precious, beautiful 7 year old grandson... and you kept up... remember how wonderful that felt, remember how happy he was to have his grandma there to be with him, and she wasn't all stanky, and she could keep up with him... remember that light in his eye when for the first time he saw a nanna who could be an active part of his life, who didn't have to rush off and selfishly smoke but could give all her time to him.. remember how powerful you felt inside at that moment... hold on to that feeling because I promise you smoking will never give you that feeling... NEVER.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 9

Hey parsley, you can do this. You HAVE been doing this. Don't let one bad day or moment ruin all the progress you've made! I used to just keep telling myself, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.......

Edited by jillar
  • Like 7

What is it you cannot do?  Stick your elbow in your ear? Neither can I.  Murder someone? I can’t either.  Poison yourself to commit the slowest suicide ever?   Nope. I can’t  either. 

You CANNOT give up your quit. I can’t either.  Hell no! 

You CAN refrain from smoking RIGHT NOW! 

You CAN keep your quit. 

You CAN take control over craves. 

You CAN do this. 

Edited by Lust4Life
  • Like 7

You came on here and posted so you MUST want to stay quit. Focus on the reasons you started this quit in the first place and renew your self commitment!

Everyone CAN quit once they make that unwavering self commitment to improve their life! Why oh why would you want to go back to being a slave to that addiction?

• Like 9

You Can....you have to believe in yourself....

Why would you want to go backwards ????

Sticky clothes ..stinky fingers....stinky hair....giving the tobacco company your hard earned cash....

Risking a smokke related illness.... Or worse.....death.....

A few weeks discomfort... That's all it takes....if I did it....you can ...I promise...

Where's that trying pan I have somewhere ????

• Like 8

Yes you can.  If you go back to smoking, you will be miserable and always be wishing that you could quit.  I used to go through that quitting and relapsing cycle and it was horrible.

Stay strong and keep the quit.  You will be glad you did with time.

• Like 7

Thank you to all of you for responding . I have been , I can , and will continue to do so . When I posted that I really believed that I could not continue this quit .....it was BAD.....but today is another day and my quit is safe 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Gday

20 days..,foward then nothing.

sorry are you really willing to hand them back?

Ive stil got mine no bloody way am I ever going to give those back. Yes even those first days are precious really truely precious My journey is dependent on never giving in.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Thank you to all of you for responding . I have been , I can , and will continue to do so . When I posted that I really believed that I could not continue this quit .....it was BAD.....but today is another day and my quit is safe 

Hey lots of us have been there (there are some lucky buggers who get it real early and don't, but most of us have).... you are not alone. So glad you have woken up in a better place.

• Like 4

Way to go Parsley! This is how it's done. Facing down those really tough times and staying true to your commitment to stay quit! 

Those hard times don't last all that long and you will benefit in so many ways by staying true to your quit. Reward yourself for getting through that tough day :) 

• Like 6

You beat that thing like a Champ @Parsley straight outta the park!!!

To the victor go the spoils my friend, and your spoils are a healthy body and a healthy mind. A mind that is free of addiction, a mind that is not a slave to the habit, a mind at ease in knowing that your determination is stronger than you think.

Keep up the Quit!!!

• Like 5

“I am a special snowflake. It is much harder for me because I have a unicorn I feed and work at Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. Nobody understands.....”statements made by those early in quit.  Said often. 

Months in it changes to “if I can quit anyone can..” 

keep marching

Edited by bakon
  • Like 6

@Parsley !

What were the factors behind you thinking you could not quit ?

It would be very useful to you and to other quitters reading for you to communicate this.

Please reward yourself for winning this skirmish !

You quit smoking and are stronger than any damn crave !

• Like 4

There was no one reason, I just got overwhelmed like one of the first days and thought I cannot do this. So I went and took a bath, then I took a walk still convinced that might quit was about done. I did a few other things and went to bed still not convinced that I could do it. I can't explain the feeling I'm sure others have had it before. I have read and reread all of your responses and I thank you all very much, because I am keeping my quit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your in week 3... it can be tough... I had a shocker week three....it was like I was going backwards... heaps of others have exactly the same experience.... it doesn't last forever and as you see it passed. You should be super proud of yourself, you had a plan (walk, bath, bed)... you applied it and you came through it... see you can do this. The list thing though, lots swear by their lists.... pull it out and read it if things get crazy... but remember, regardless of what is happening in your life this is the one thing you have 100% control over, not the nicotine receptors in your brain that you are busily re-wiring and starving of their hit, definitely not them, and their days are numbered, each time you push through those urges you rewire a receptor and set up a new pathway... it took time to lay all those nasty nicotine receptive cables so its gunna take time to do the re-wire... pity we can't charge ourselves sparky rates.. but the thing is, no matter how hectic life is you are in control of your quit, you are the keeper of your NOPE... so its a new day, yesterday you kept the quit.... so now all you need to worry about is today... today you aren't a smoker and you choose not to smoke. Who cares about tomorrow, for now we just worry about today. One day at a time.

(Sparky = Electrician)

• Like 2