Just a little inspirational story on quitting

Mee

You all know that I take care of my elderly parents but I also take care of an elderly woman, who is 103 and is such an inspiration to me.

When I quit bus driving five years ago, I thought I would be bored with my time,  so I signed up at our community center to help the elderly. (I didn't know my parents were going to be such a handful.)

I was hooked up with Helen, who is 103 yrs. old, still lives on her own and only needed help with her wash (because her niece did not want her doing stairs to the basement).  

I also make a couple meals for her each week because she hated the meals on wheels.

I love my time with this lady.  Listening to her life stories. 

The main story that inspires me is that she smoked for 62 years and quit when her husband died of lung cancer.  62 years! and back then they did not have filters on those cigarettes.  62 years of putting that crap in her body and she is now 103 and in great shape.  

So here is hoping that we are here for a long time inspiring others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5