Tuesday 11th September 2018

Cbdave

Good Morning fellow NOPErs. September 11, 2001 was just another day, another square on a calendar and then in the blink of an eye evil had a small win and all our lives were changed forever. September 11 is now remembered as Patriot Day and today, around the world we remember the victims of the 9/11 terror attacks and the day that changed the world. The innocent people from 90 countries who are lost to us, the first responders and hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who are still suffering the after affects. We remember the survivors and we remember those left behind. The hundred plus kids who were born after their dad's had gone and the thousands of kids who grew up without a parent because they went to work one day or caught a plane and 19 pieces of evil scum murdered them. We will never forget the horror of that day and the days that followed. So today, sending extra special thoughts out for our New York, Washington DC and Pennsylvania members in particular and any of our members who were personally affected. A special shout out to the Brits also, September 11 is the biggest single loss of life of British during a peace time terror attack and I hope it stays that way. Never again.

911-tribute-plaque.jpg

NOPE .... I don't today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Nope. 

Will never forget coming home from driving bus at 9:00 in the morning.  Turning on the news and watching it unfold.  I woke my son and we watched the towers fall together.  At first disbelief, then the reality of it all.  That somber feeling will never go away.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1