Its Footy Finals.... Aussie Rules that is....

notsmokinjo

Sadly Doreen your Tom Hawkins and the Cats wont be seen again until next season... they are out, my Swannies bit the dust today and are out also...

Next Weekend we have:

Hawks v Dees .... so Demons are the oldest football club in the world of any code, soccer, rugby union & league, and gridiron..... they haven't won a premiership since 1964.... so we kind of want them to win.

Magpies v Giants.... giants have only been in the comp since 2011.... they don't deserve it... Collingwood is the club everyone loves to hate...

Tigers & Eagles have next week off.

Edited by notsmokinjo

On 9/6/2018 at 6:09 PM, notsmokinjo said:

OMG... just about wizzed me pants.... @Rozuki have you googled what rooting is in Aus?

Yes....I did look it up after Jo revealed it has different meaning than we in the US have....but my source said that the use of that term and it's sexual meaning were on the wane in Australia (can I use OZ for Australia ...Oh, now I have to look that up!!) :) 

But I would cheer on and root for this guy maybe not at same time though! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If my 12 year old knows the Aussie meaning of root its not on the way out.... then again I am western suburbs... land of the Bogans... its is our vernacular... same as fanny means something different here... which was really confusing as a kid watch yanky shows when a kid was gunna get their Fanny whipped.... OMG and when fanny packs came out.... we called them bum bags.... lets just say down under a fanny is a front bum.

Oh you can say Oz... I just usually use Aus (pronounced the same way)... and I'm an Aussie not an Ozzie... but that's just me being weird not a cultural thing...

• 3 weeks later...

Stop it @Cbdave .... not only did I have to barrack for Collingwood because they were the only Vics... I had to watch them loose and send the cup interstate.... OH well hopefully the Storm can win tonight and we will have at least one cup in Sunny Vic.... trade week and the draft still to go before chrissy though. Maybe the Saints can get themselves a Rioli... that seems to be the trick for winning a cup.... maybe we can get some sort of decent talent this year and not just broken has beens and never will bes. Yes I am a sport tragic.

Spring Racing Carnival here we come.... cricket season about to start... and that round ball game.... there is never no sport to be excited about.

• Like 1