Help

MLMR

I would really like your support right now. For reasons too delicate to write down here, I'm pretty upset. I don't want to smoke, but the urge is huge. I am totally not connected this moment, not to my reasons or anything concerned quitting actually. I have to do it on sheer willpower right now. I vowed to do it the loving way this time, so therefor reaching out. ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Your quit is new, protect it and protect yourself.

Go take a bath, a walk, a stomp and scream.

You don't smoke anymore and will learn how to survive these upsets and disconnectedness without smoking.

Smoking doesn't help or change anything for the better,

only you can and YOU will !

• Like 8

Hey now! Are you making lemonade?...

Take a step back from your situation, make a list, go to the bathroom and cry...its okay...the emotions are strong in the early quit. You just have to ride that roller coaster.

Please just dont smoke.

• Like 8

Hi my life, that's great you posted but sorry you are having a bad time of it. Smoking won't make anything better or make you feel any better. Hopefully the crave has past already! It's getting through these craves successfully that build a strong quit! Could you make something to eat, phone a friend, play a game....Do anything but smoke! Let us know you are Ok, I'm sure you will be , sending big virtual hugs

• Like 8

I'm glad you are still here and posted an SOS.  Lighting up a cigarette will do absolutely nothing positive for you.  It will not fix whatever bad things are going on right now.

You should be proud of how well you are doing, quit-wise.  Smoking will only ruin that.

I'm sorry for whatever you are going through but smoking will not help at all.

• Like 8

My life, I'm proud of you for reaching out, it is a sign of bravery. Take your time, we are here for you.

You understand that smoking will not improve whatever you're going through right now, it will just add a sense of desperation that a situation can drive you to a habit you no longer want to be part of your life.

Carry on talking to us.

• Like 8

My life, you can get through this.  Smoking is a crutch we all have used to numb our emotions.  I too have a lot of crap in my life.  Sometimes a simple phone call from family could trigger a chain smoking event. In the end, smoking does nothing to change the event.  Hang in there sweetie.  Sending you healing, loving vibes. 

• Like 7

Sorry go be late...

M ....you really don't want to be a smoker...well done for reaching out...

Im sorry your having a tough time just now.....but sweetheart losing your fabulous quit...will only add to the problem...

Understanding smoking will do nothing to help ..took me a while too.....

We really do face lives curb balls better ,when we are not caught in the addiction trap....

Stay strong M ....you will be so happy you did ,when this blip has passed...and it will....

Take smoking OFF the table....shout it out loud ...I did millions of times....

Stay close just now ...

• Like 9

Worst part is over, my breathing back to normal and able to guide myself in that. Still a bit in shock, what a huge primitive experience this was. Relieved that I used what was left of my senses and contacted you guys here. I think I'll hit my bed soon, my brain and heart appear like they've been running marathons. What a theater. Broadway ought to be jealous :34_rolling_eyes:

• Like 9

I am glad you are getting through this.  Life stress points, whatever they maybe, are real and they are tough.  You are showing you are tougher and in the end you will much better you got through this without a smoke. Great job on coming here when in need, it shows that you really want this quit!!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, My life, my recovery said:

. Broadway ought to be jealous :34_rolling_eyes:

What a great way to look at it.  My family is full of a lot of drama.  I think you have given me a vital clue as how to handle.  Get out the popcorn, sit back and laugh!?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2