Saturday 1st September 2018

Cbdave

Greetings fellow NOPErs... today is the start of Spring down below the equator and Autumn for those of you above the line. There are a plethora of awareness months in September and weeks that begin today. It has taken me all day to find a focus for my NOPE but it has been bought to us by the kid who when she asked if I had NOPEd today  and I hadn't had a chat with me... So down under in the great southern land it is the beginning of Asthma Awareness Week... so even though I didn't smoke while I was pregnant or feeding the kid is asthmatic... I never smoked in the house, or the car (after I had the kid) but when we were talking about how good her asthma has been this winter she said she thinks its been better because I don't smoke anymore... she said even the smell on me would make her feel tight in the chest and now that doesn't happen all the time.... SO of course I felt bad and guilty but then she said "thank you for quitting" and I felt like I wasn't quite so bad after all..... so for anyone out there lurky and thinking about not quitting.... word is from Ms 12, the bronchial asthmatic, that me not smoking has helped her asthma be less of an impact on her life, what a great incentive to finally quit, it helps your kids asthma because even if you take every precaution not to smoke anywhere near them "the smell of it on you made me chest feel tight and squeezey".

notebook-pen-NOPE.png

NOPE... cos I love me kid!

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 8