Ever feel like the Universe is testing you?

Christa326

Hi All!

I am putting this entry here and not SOS bc NO WAY is a person going to annoy me to the point of going back to smoking. I know I am stronger than that...

But the past few days have been more than TRYING w certain people in my life. I know it is them, when i tell outsiders who are neutral

(and very blunt people who i know will be honest) they do tell me what is going on is not my fault. I feel like I am being tested. Anyone ever feel this way?

Me having a smoke isn't going to make people see who they really are!!! YESS!!!!

• Like 7

Hi Christa, glad you're not letting anyone or anything get in the way of that awesome quit you have going. And in answer to your question, yes I think most of us have felt that way and it seems like when quitting those feelings are amplified. Those people were always that way but in these first few trying days, weeks, months it can seem tenfold! You're doing great and keep on posting because we all can relate :) 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 6

It happens christa, i often wonder how miserable people must be to act like that. If you don't let them they can never bother you and NEVER smoke as they will win. I had the store owner where i bought my ciggs tell me one time trying to get under my skin "you'll be back, all you smokers come back". he was an a-hole and if you sit back karma will do its work. BTW that guy got deported back to yemen . You will be edgy early on and in a situation like that what helped me was exercise or some activity to work off that stress /anxious feeling

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, jillar said:

Hi Christa, glad you're not letting anyone or anything get in the way of that awesome quit you have going. And in answer to your question, yes I think most of us have felt that way and it seems like when quitting those feelings are amplified. Those people were always that way but in these first few trying days, weeks, months it can seem tenfold! You're doing great and keep on posting because we all can relate :) 

Those people were always that way but in these first few trying days, weeks, months it can seem tenfold!--- SO MUCH YES!!!!!!!

That is a fact!! xx

15 minutes ago, Whispers said:

It happens christa, i often wonder how miserable people must be to act like that. If you don't let them they can never bother you and NEVER smoke as they will win. I had the store owner where i bought my ciggs tell me one time trying to get under my skin "you'll be back, all you smokers come back". he was an a-hole and if you sit back karma will do its work. BTW that guy got deported back to yemen . You will be edgy early on and in a situation like that what helped me was exercise or some activity to work off that stress /anxious feeling

wow that is terrible that he said that!! i am sorry!! thank you for your words :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Christa326 said:

I feel like I am being tested. Anyone ever feel this way?

Yep.  Daily.

I try to view those interactions with the miserable bastards of the world as an opportunity to test and refine my skills in the areas of patience and anger management.  Stupid, irrational, and petulant people give me plenty of opportunity to get in the repetitions I need.

Kind of a "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" situation.  As opposed to my initial inclination to start chucking lemons at people's heads.

48 minutes ago, Whispers said:

If you don't let them they can never bother you

True words right there.  You have no control over other people's actions.  You have total control over how you react to them.

Good work on not smoking Christa.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, sgt.barney said:

"The Universe" doesn't give a Rat's Stinkin' Ass about you (or Sarge (or anyone, for that matter))

The only one testing you is you. 

Stay accountable to yourself. 

EZPZ

I agree to the extent of being accountable to myself as far as smoking....but there is no denying some people are just miserable. I just have to learn how not to care so much!

:D

• Like 5

In the past...in my smoking career...if I came across a mean nasty person...I would reach for my little crutch ,and wonder why folks had to be so mean to others...NOW....

I am smoke free...and still wonder why folks have to be so mean to others...my puffing my brains out ,and killing myself didn't make any difference...!!

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Christa326 said:

I agree to the extent of being accountable to myself as far as smoking....but there is no denying some people are just miserable. I just have to learn how not to care so much!

:D

Personal accountability is of primary importance.  However, with 7.5 billion of us living on the same floating rock...it's not a waste of time to consider how you are going to interact with others.

In fact, considering the ways interpersonal interactions influence you is one of the more practical things you can do.

• Like 7

If you are able, get those people out of your life. It is not just to help quit smoking but to improve everything about your quality of life.

Some pains in the ass we simply cannot avoid (like a crotchety boss) but if you are able to sever ties with those who are toxic, you need to do so.

It can be lonely though because when we examine those in our lives, we discover that most of them are toxic. If someone is not adding anything good to your life they got to GO.

It is better though to be alone and lonely than to have relationships and be miserable in them.

You might be thinking, "But I can't just..."

Well, yes you can. They might try to worm their way back in but when you shut them out, it is the same relief as taking a big dump. Except without the stink.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

Ah...in-laws? The code word in our family is "llama" (as in drama llama)?

Just NOPE and give yourself a little treat. 

Keep climbing that rope Christa, good job!

hahahah i am sooo gonna steal Ilama! thank you!!

• Haha 2

Another one, they sell the ciggs cheaper but after NY raised its tax laws and the prices these drugs dealers for no reason just hiked their prices lil while back. This guy ran and will come back with a new ID prob

https://www.silive.com/southshore/index.ssf/2018/08/warrant_issued_for_man_charged.html

Karma christa, you will see that person who annoyed you get it back one day (or hear about it)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...