September.... a big month on the Lido Deck!

notsmokinjo

Not only is September the best month of the year because all the cool kids are born then and its the AFL finals and the Melbourne show but it is also a month full of successful quitters.

We have 7 Lido Deck celebrations in September and only one of them is a first timer so September is the home of many long term successful quitters.

With so many celebrations on the horizon and Reci still awol I think it would be great if we had some volunteers to help with Lido Deck clean up duties... he has pre-organised the catering and such so we should be fine there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tammy said:

I don't know what the Lido deck is, apart from the fact that it's a year of being quit...

I think it took me 3-4 months to work it out I couldn't get the reference either and I had no idea why everyone was packing bags for cruises around the time their 12 month quitaversary was due.... (yeah not so smart now am I).... after a google search I worked it out... the Lido Deck is the party deck on a cruise ship and (please correct me if I am wrong) in the land of quit you don't get to party on the lido deck until you have been smoke free for 12 months.... so of course its where we have all our celebrations.

So @Doreensfree I think Reci might have made an error in the catering order for September 24 ... it just says "Breakfast food, lots of breakfast food." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I think it took me 3-4 months to work it out I couldn't get the reference either and I had no idea why everyone was packing bags for cruises around the time their 12 month quitaversary was due.... (yeah not so smart now am I).... after a google search I worked it out... the Lido Deck is the party deck on a cruise ship and (please correct me if I am wrong) in the land of quit you don't get to party on the lido deck until you have been smoke free for 12 months.... so of course its where we have all our celebrations.

So @Doreensfree I think Reci might have made an error in the catering order for September 24 ... it just says "Breakfast food, lots of breakfast food." 

All the above is spot on kidda....

Reci was correct lots of sausage and egg...for breakfast...Boo and I get hungry... After parting all night...!!!!

15 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

gYIdGGMKG20WA.gif

• Haha 5

On 8/29/2018 at 5:12 AM, notsmokinjo said:

I really don't mean to be contrary

but, the idea of a cruise ship (even with you lovely quitters) sounds like perfect hell to me

so,  I opted to have my celebrations in a Tardis. 

This is why at yearly do's I often say that I have the Tardis standing by  for anyone, if needed.

Need to learn about Dr. Who and The Tardis ?  Look Here.

Tardis.jpg.e5a5c07ba93b0b226dc2dfdac9bfe009.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am so excited to celebrate 2 years smokefree on Sept 26!   I can’t believe it.  Don’t care what the deck looks like ‘jo!  Just need clean glasses, plenty of ice & an assortment of drinks. Oh- and a solid dance floor w a kicks&& DJ who gladly accepts & plays requests! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

So I just unloaded the food delivery for tomorrows anniversary party in the Tardis/Lido Deck.... thanks everyone for making the place so sparkly and clean.... and thank you for the whoever it was who spilt their popcorn all over the nice clean floor so we had to watch our cleaners at work just a little bit longer ;) .... so for those of us with a busy schedule here are the pending anniversaries of the annual variety......

image.png.a26e3b56d939e6e33d4f67d3c621cabf.png

I'm expecting to see some really old phartes pop out of their hibernation for this month's celebrations so hold onto your hats newbies and inbetweenies we about to get schooled in the art of celebration I think :D

• Like 4

Sorry but I can't do any work right now as I am just back from a very stressful vacation! Physical activity is currently out of the question :36_flushed: 

Too much vacation stress right now!

8rPMk4Q.jpg

Of course ...... I had to do all the paddling!!! It was very difficult :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

74e39EN.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

Sorry but I can't do any work right now as I am just back from a very stressful vacation! Physical activity is currently out of the question :36_flushed: 

Too much vacation stress right now!

8rPMk4Q.jpg

Of course ...... I had to do all the paddling!!! It was very difficult :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

74e39EN.jpg

Lol...yep !!!....I can see you are having a very hard time...

It looks beautiful...where did you go ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Lol...yep !!!....I can see you are having a very hard time...

It looks beautiful...where did you go ????

French Polynesia (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora and some other Islands in that area). Nice place but VERY expensive. Take lots of $$ & brush up on your French before you go there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1