Just for today

Daisywheels

Hello everyone! This is like the 20th time I've quit smoking and I feel a bit doubtful about this whole process. I quit because I hate the money I'm spending monthly on cigarettes and I keep getting reoccuring ear infections. I really hate ear infections. They hurt so badly and I only get them when I've been chain smoking. I also have asthma and smoking just seems stupid. I was in and out the hospital as a child for my asthma and gasping to breath is a horrible way to go. I realize now that my mom smoked heavily the entire time I was growing up and I think that really affected my asthma. I started smoking when I was 15 and smoked for 20 years. So my lungs have a lot of healing to do. I'm looking forward to being free of cigarettes. The cravings right now are manageable. I really think the patch made things worse. Anyway just for today I am going to be smoke free.

• Like 7

Welcome Daisywheels, it is good to see you here. Today is a good day to be smoke free.

Hope to see you here tomorrow talking about being smoke free for today again. It is the biggest present you can gift to yourself and it doesn't cost a penny.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Daisywheels.

23 minutes ago, Daisywheels said:

This is like the 20th time I've quit smoking and I feel a bit doubtful about this whole process. 

I think most, if not all, quitters had some level of doubt in the beginning of the process.  As hours turn into days.  Days into weeks.  Weeks into months and so on, the doubt subsides and eventually vanishes.  We told ourselves that the climb was insurmountable and before we knew it, we were up at the peak enjoying the view.

Trust the process.  Enjoy the climb.

• Like 2

Welcome daisywheels and congratulations on taking back your life. I was sick of the constant colds I got turning into bronchitis. I would get three or four colds a year and at least one bout of bronchitis. This in turn led to my getting adult onset asthma. And your right, it's super scary gasping for breath. Since quitting I've had two minor colds and no bronchitis.   Hopefully it will be the same for your ear infections.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard on this journey Daisywheels, so glad that you decided to make this choice.  You can do this.  We will be here to help and make sure you here often for research, to reach out to others and to have some fun -- it all helps in the end.  Remember to come back daily for the daily NOPE pledge, it really can help.   

• Like 2

Hi and welcome aboard...

Congrats on your great quit...

Read all you can here.....educate yourself about this horrible addiction....

Join our daily NOPE thread...it's a promise to yourself to stay smoke free the next 24 hrs...

Hours then into days,into weeks ,ect....

You can do it ..

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I am so happy to have your support through this process. I havve been going through Joel's first day quitting videos and I'm finding that helpful too. I am going to rely on everyones wisdom to get me through the more trying times. I'm so glad to be here and committed.

• Like 5

Yaa well done D....

There is tons of info on the main board.....

Reading Allen Carr the Easy Way...is ask a great read...its free online....it has helped millions....

We are always here ,if and when you need us....

Those that stay close have a better chance of success....

• Like 2

Welcome to QuitTrain, Daisywheels. 

I had numerous short quits as well.  The support and knowledge I got at quit smoking support sites like this really helped me stay quit for good.   Stick around.  There are plenty of people here who will help you along your journey.

Remember, a cigarette brings nothing positive to your life.  Putting smoking behind you will improve your life is so many ways.  You are doing a great thing.

• Like 2

Hi Daisywheels! I hope you are having a good, smoke free day! 

Please, do not be doubtful of quitting! Having the right mindset is key in maintaining your quit...the day you quit, you are a non-smoker! How wonderful!

Please take time in your early quit to educate yourself about nicotine addiction, and the changes it has made in you mind and body. Learn about dopamine, blood sugar and how those things play a part in your "cravings" and mood swings. For me, an educated quit was the best way...I didn't want to hear that "it's normal" or "it will pass". I wanted to know why, why, why! 

Now that I know why, I hate smoking and embarrassed I let my junkie brain take advantage for so long. 

This your second chance, please don't let it pass you by because you're doubtful in this moment...the rewards of quitting never stop giving...smoking only takes.

• Like 2

Congratulations on quitting smoking Daisywheels !

Joel was a great help to me in understanding nicotine addiction.

Education and commitment to never taking another puff is simple and effective.

You quit smoking !

Reward yourself, keep yourself distracted these first weeks and stay close to the board.

We are here to hear your story, lend you support and lead you to helpful information.

• Like 1

Thank you guys. I messed up yesterday and smoked but I am back on board today. I am going to continue going through Joel''s library and stick close to the boards today. I got into an arguement with my ex husband yesterday and it dissolved into me smoking. I know that I can't do that. I'm embarassed about my slip but man this junkie brain is really strong! I should never underestimate it.

• Like 1

Daisywheels, it's good that you can be straight forward and honest about this, the key is to know your own reasons for quitting and fight ferociously to protect that. Slipping is something most people will have faced at some point, it's an opportunity to learn and go again. You don't fail in a quit unless you throw the towel in. Don't be embarrassed, be angry that nicotine has that kind of hold over you. 

Shout if you are struggling, give the excellent team here a chance to talk you down through an SOS. That is a sign of strength and passion for your quit, not a sign of weakness. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daisywheels said:

Thank you guys. I messed up yesterday and smoked but I am back on board today. I am going to continue going through Joel''s library and stick close to the boards today. I got into an arguement with my ex husband yesterday and it dissolved into me smoking. I know that I can't do that. I'm embarassed about my slip but man this junkie brain is really strong! I should never underestimate it.

You are right, we should never underestimate the junkie brain.

All it cares about is feeding the addiction and killing you in the process.

This is the truth.

You must get very serious about quitting smoking

and never take another puff, no matter what.

You are more powerful than any damn crave, Daisywheels.

• Like 2