The lies we tell ourselves!

Niecie

So I recently started focusing on my health beyond quiting smoking (okay not my first attempt ?) I was at work and kept trying to talk myself into skipping the gym and grabbing a cheeseburger, since I forgot lunch ? I went back and forth arguing with myself about how I couldn't do it and how much more I would enjoy that hamburger. Got in my car after work and continued to argue with myself. I made it to the gym sat in the car and eventually found myself working out and felt pretty good until I stopped and grabbed a slice of pizza on way home....so one step forward, one step back! Lol it made me think of all the times I told myself I couldn't quit smoking, not now my parents are coming to town, the anniversary of a loss, holidays, No I can't it's TUESDAY ?

There's never a perfect time and you may fail at the first attempt, but just keep trying and don't stop until it sticks. I've now been to the gym twice this week, and today joined a p31 class and it's only Wednesday!  So just because I may have stepped back the first day I'm going to do like I did when I quitsmoking and try until I succeed. For the lurkers or newbies there's always an excuse not to quit and you may stumble (I did many times!) Just get back up, dust yourself off and know YOU CAN DO THIS! 

Edited by Niecie
Misspelled
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6