That sucks MLMR.  Hopefully, since it's one hour since you posted you're over it by now.  I guess the positive way to look at it is that the first few months you were probably having those cravings many times a day.  To have to deal with it once in a blue moon is actually a blessing. I believe those out of nowhere cravings will eventually stop....they did for me 😉 Keep that great inspirational quit going!

• Like 4
  • Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is what would have been given to me, had I decided two days ago to smoke just one...   ■ my cough in the morning ■ my smelly hair ■ my smelly fingers after smoking ■ my c

I went away this weekend, with friends. We had laughs, good talks, great hikes, everything was there. And I had literally zero thoughts of smoking. Jup. Just like that. 😊 I am exited about being sm

Having a little halleluja moment here! ? Came home from Spain, glad to be back. I started unpacking,  doing laundry, groceries, cat cuddling and then suddenly I realised I didn't think of smoking

Posted Images

5 hours ago, MLMR said:

How is this even possible...?!

We get it... totally. I have days and I can't tell if my quit is aging like a fine wine with strong notes of currant and under tones of citrus or a hefty blue cheese that can clear a room 🤷...but I still love it and I know you do too❤️

So...I guess what I'm saying is I can come fart on your quit

or get you drunk...your choice 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

..your quit is too precious ...

Oh, it is. Its my go-to when im having a hard time or when im in doubt about something. Will not risk that.. nope. Just didnt see that vivid memory (surprise attack) coming. Pfiew 😅

• Like 1
13 hours ago, jillar said:

Yep, been there done that. That's why we must never become complacent! 

Ahhh, yes.. two friends of mine recently blew their (long term) quits. I wonder if thats got anything to do with it. Maybe taking  a moment today to intently destroy any leftover romantizing. 💪

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, BKP said:

To have to deal with it once in a blue moon is actually a blessing. 

Ah you are so right. Thanks for reminding me about the early stages, where this was happening all the time. Djeez,  yes. Yesterday was a piece of memory cake, compared to thát. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

...but I still love it and I know you do too❤️

Yes, yes and yes! I do love it. When I realised how strong that craving was, my mind immediately started reciting all the downsides of smoking. Counter brainwashing. I was raised so well here  ...👌

Your humor. Please come, eat cheese and drink with me ok? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MLMR said:

Ahhh, yes.. two friends of mine recently blew their (long term) quits. I wonder if thats got anything to do with it. Maybe taking  a moment today to intently destroy any leftover romantizing. 💪

Sorry to hear your two friends threw thier beautiful quits aside ... I bet they are both very sorry and angry with themselves deep down ...and are very envious of you just now ...

Remember my saying ...It's ok to wobble ,just don't fall over ...this was given to me by a wise elder ,and has stuck with me since ...

Cheese and a drink ...OH !!!...I think there will be a few of us up for that ...!!!!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Wow, I just realised this will be my third smokefree christmas!😊 

... and I just love love love not worrying about smoking anymore. There have been days, even months where quitting was the Most Important Thing Ever and I felt like I would be dragging that quit with me for the rest of my life... and now I hardly ever think of it. 

Its been quite the ride though. Im clearly not one of those 'One day I just quit and that was that' people.  Oh, I've condemned myself for the struggle, for the sos-ing, for the anxiety. And what I found here was a brilliant combination of wise words, comforting and definitely the sober kick-in-the-butts that made it so much more doable.

Bottomline: take care of yourself, dont give up, embrace the suck, enjoy and exaggerate the good moments, hold on to whatever it is that fuells your fire and outhumor your fears. Cheers! ♥️

howls-moving-castle.jpg

Edited by MLMR
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1